“Excellent food”

The Harewood End Inn
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family run country inn in the heart of Herefordshire serving fine ales and great food. FOOD SERVING TIMES-: (Tuesday-Saturday) 12.00.Pm-2.00Pm,6.30Pm-9.00Pm (Sunday) 12.00Pm-2.30Pm,7.00Pm-9.00Pm
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

A pub which serves the most delicious food. Vegetarians are well catered for and actually have a choice (so many places only offer the one veggie dish). The onion rings were delicious as was the toffee pudding. The staff is really friendly and helpful too. A great place to pop in for a good meal with family or friends at a reasonable price. I am looking forward to my next visit.

1  Thank jo872

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We booked the two twin rooms for two nights and had a lovely stay.
The rooms were a good size, comfy beds and the shower was quite good (it can become very hot, which I think is rare for B&Bs). You could hear some noise from the restaurant downstairs, and we had the window open which lead onto a main-ish road. It's very strange to escape from London to the countryside and be disturbed by traffic! But none of us are light sleepers so it didn't bother us.
The restaurant has delicious food. Great breakfast in the mornings (between 7:30-9ish). We ate there for dinner both nights and were spoilt for choice. I would definitely recommend the restaurant for anyone in the area, even if you're not staying. My parents also commented that their pool table was particularly good.
The staff were all lovely, my boyfriend particularly enjoyed his morning smokers chats with the owner/breakfast chef.
Overall, it's a lovely B&B and I'd recommend it to anyone who's staying in the area.

1  Thank HywelTheOwl
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Although we only live 15 miles away in Wales, and go past every week, we haven't dropped in for 20 years. We only called in as we were a little peckish on the way home. Although we weren't aware that we needed to book, the barmaid kindly directed us to a table. The standard menu was really comprehensive and the specials board was impressive. We ordered one Cajun chicken and one scampi and chips expecting the usual...but oh no! Both dishes were absolutely amazing..i never thought scampi could be any different from anything you can buy in the shops...but had a wonderful surprise. This was all finished off with apple and plum crumble a latte and an americano with white chocolate flapjacks. Everything was home cooked and I must say that it's the best meal I've had for many years if not ever. The 2 young waitresses were so efficient and polite and the toilets were spotless which is lovely change today.
We can't recommend this place enough and will be back again soon!

1  Thank Cotswoldsflyer
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Looking for lunch and found this delightful pub. Very friendly welcome and service. Food was excellent. Only wish it was my local.

2  Thank Les H
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for dinner one Friday evening. I had steak and ale pie with chips and my husband had peppered steak pie and chips. Pies were lovely. They were filled with lots of steak which was really tender and no gristle bits. Very very good. Chips were nice, although a little crunchy. Tasted great. I would recommend.

2  Thank Mobile529372