Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
CheapTickets
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 August 2020

I love this place. It isn't really a resort, too rustic for that, but the setting is beautiful and the size is small which I like. The biggest complaint is the furnishings. I've stayed in the hotel and also in a cabin. Both places the bed were awful, the furnishings in general are uncomfortable. I so wish they would put some money into the furnishings, nothing grand, just comfortable.... it would make all the difference.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 1 September 2019

We stayed at the RV campground here.
Our site was tight and we were cheek-to-jowl with our neighbour. No room for a picnic table or fire. Other sites though are larger and designed to cater to larger vehicles than ours.
Overall the site is family friendly. The washrooms are adequate but look a bit tired. IIRC toilets don't have doors for privacy but a shower curtain you pull across the stall.
The lake itself looks awful. It's brown and murky... no way would I swim in it. According to a local I talked to it has always been like that and is attributed to some sort of algae. It didn't seem to stop people from enthusiastically fishing or boating in it.
We were close to the road and it was surprisingly busy -- and noisy -- for a road I thought was lesser traveled.
We thought it was cheap though so as far as value for what you got it was fine.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 30 July 2019 via mobile

I always thought the word resort was some place sophisticated and beautiful but I guess any place can call themselves a resort even if they just rent boats. This resort is on a lake which is indeed beautiful but our room itself verged on being dumpy. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. There is a kitchen but you are charged $25 if you leave any dirty dishes. The furniture looked old, the bathroom hasn’t been updated since the 60’s. The faucets barely turned and the water squirted out to the right. There are many tents and campers you pass as you enter. Wifi is a real problem. You can eventually get it but it’s so slow and weak, nothing opens. We had to go into Castle Rock to find a working wifi. The manager said so many people trying to access it in the evenings is the problem and anyway we should forget it and just enjoy the view. We left in the morning without even showering and went to McDonalds for breakfast. I guess this is a good place for families but we found it very overpriced for what you get

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank lpennin104
Reviewed 29 May 2019

Very clean and very quite with great views of the mountain. The staff were friendly Roberta was very helpful and very kind. She answered all our questions we had and she made us feel welcomed. The next day she remembered our names and asked how our stay was going. We stayed in a cabin and it was so peaceful. We just booked another trip there. Fishing was also fun and they had so much to choose from at there store. Roberta helped us even what to use. We loved our stay and can't wait to go back. Thankfully we found this place.

Room tip: We stayed in a cabin but next time staying in one of the bottom hotel rooms cause you can fish off your deck.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Our room had a balcony overlooking the lake, we watched ducks, and a heron, and something I have never seen before wild otters playing. We did not mind the lack of air conditioning, and older furnishings as this is camping with TV and nice comfy beds. The kitchen was wonderful, cooked all our meals. The welcome basket with wine, muffins, chocolates and iced Starbucks mochas was delicious. Can't wait to go back and take great grandsons fishing next spring can rent boat if lake level is high or just fish from the dock which is what we did.

Room tip: motel rooms have the waterfront views and large balconies
Date of stay: October 2018