“Me b”

Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Gibraltar Rock Tynemouth offers quality food and drinks in a warm and cosy environment. Our Carvery and special desserts are what we're famous for and why lots of you choose us for eating out on special occasions. Our main menu offers a generous selection of dishes and puddings. With prices starting from as low as £5 for a main meal we have something to satisfy everyone's budget. The Gibraltar Rock is the perfect venue for all occasions. Weddings, christenings, birthdays or just a get together with family and friends. Our Priory bar offers stunning views in a more informal setting. A wide selection of beverages and the same great food as our ground floor restaurant. Ideal for private functions or parties. Why not take advantage of our free WiFi facilities and hire the space for a working meeting or a business lunch. Call in today and see for yourself what we have to offer or give us a call and book for another time.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First time I have been here in many years.cant see me coming back.beef so tough and fatty,could not cut it ,never mind chew it.had to apologise to my wife for shaking table as trying to use knife.poor veg choice.roasted carrots,potatoes and parsnips.boiled peas,leek and potatoes.no swede cauliflower,brocolli,sprouts or cabbage as a bit of choice.my wife does not eat meat,so poor choice for her plate.to top it off,two glasses of cola on draft is same price as carvery.POOR

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I have visited onot numerous occasions in recent months, because we love the carvery here. It is great value for money, especially on weekdays when it is only 2 for £10. The view over King Edwards Bay is stunning if you sit upstairs.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went in and tried the upstairs area, what a view out the windows!! Fish and chips were very nice, seafood platter also very good.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good value pub food, large portios, can get busy at weekends, friendly staff, excellent views over sea

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been here quite a few times with disabled clients from where I work and have never been disappointed. You don’t need book but it does get busy at lunch times. They do a lovely carvery with a good selection of meats and fresh vegetables. They also do the usual sort of thing...fish and chips etc. The staff are always very helpful to make our wheelchair clients happy by moving tables to accommodate. Good food and a good welcome every time. I can’t recommend this place high enough. Give it a try if you haven’t already.