“Misleading hot tub booking”
Review of Porto di Claudio

Porto di Claudio
Ranked #8 of 154 things to do in Fiumicino
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I paid $179.00 to stay here instead of the Marriot just for the hot tub. What a mistake that was! When we arrived, the hot tub was full of water, but did not turn on. We called down to the front desk and the attendant came up and told us it would be another $40.00 to use. Then he drained the water out. Basically we are staying in a room right now looking at a hot tub that we can’t use. Then our neighbors in the hotel room next door were smoking marijuana and the smell wafted into our room. Seeing how the hot tub incident was handled, we worried that they hotel might think it was us and charge a smoking cleaning fee. Therefore we visited the front desk and told them about the situation. I am curious to see the bill in the morning. I travel frequently, when I say this please take heed. Don’t stay here! This by far is the worst hotel I have stayed in and the neighborhood is quite frankly, scary. I honestly feel I was taken advantage of because I am American and leaving to fly home tomorrow and they know there is not much I can do now at this point. Horrible! They basically stole my money.

All reviews
"euro"
"rome"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 31 May 2018

We were heading back to Canada from Rome so we took a room near the airport for easy departure. Very modern hotel, clean and nice bathrooms. The soundproofing needs to be looked at as we heard people talking, showering and going to the bathroom next door.

Strong AC and strong wifi once it got going. Pleased with room, breakfast was decent in a nicely decorated room. I did find the pillows kind of thin and it took me a while to get to sleep.

DO TAKE THE SHUTTLE... for €6 Euro a person, they will take you to the airport.

On going to the hotel, I took a local taxi from the airport thinking it would be around €10... there was heavy traffic so it took us about 15 to 20 minutes to get there... but the driver charged me €30 Euro including a €5 Euro TIP he gave himself and took off before I could complain... use the shuttle...lol

Would return if I needed a close location.

1  Thank therivs
Reviewed 12 February 2018

No issues on beds for 3 adults. comfy and clean. good service for airport shuttle.Good range at breakfast.

1  Thank KJNeedham
Reviewed 10 January 2018

We arrived very late around 11pm that is partly the reason we booked an airport hotel as I was worried if the plane was delayed even by an hour would limit our choices as there are not that many hotels in town with 24h reception and certainly no apartments. We caught the shuttle service at Parking Bay 24, just do a right when you come out of Terminal 3 and keep walking you will see the numbered bays where the buses stop, you want 24. The shuttle will drop at a couple of other hotels too and it costs 6euros per person, not cheap...welcome to Rome. You pay for this at the hotel.
Anyway, on arrival the gentleman on reception was very helpful and polite, checked us in without hassle and explained everything we needed to know including how to get into Rome city centre the next morning, we ended up getting a bus that only cost 3 euros each on his advice. Quick and efficient straight into Roma Termini.
The room was nice and comfortable with a balcony which is nice for a bit of fresh air if needed. Good shower and bathroom facilities, Wifi works well too.
The breakfast is what it is. The pastries where outstanding and the cappuccino too, 10 out of 10 !! Everything else is packaged including the cheese, the bread is sliced only so toast is your best option and there is no hot breakfast. But really I didn't care I was perfectly satisfied with what was on offer. The morning staff were just as nice as the gent the night before, so as far as I am concerned this little hotel is a gem. Would I come back ? Yes most definitely !

2  Thank elusivemike