Lowest prices for your stay
US$112
Free cancellation until 21/08/06
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$112
Hotels.comUS$112
ZenHotels.comUS$118
Reviews (1 422)
1 422 results
All reviews fishing boats rooftop bar close to the airport top floor rome airport seafood hotel restaurant mediterranean sea shuttle service an early flight great airport hotel pizza yogurt balcony taxi euros mouth
Selected filters
1 - 6 of 1 422 reviews
Reviewed 29 December 2020

With Rome in lockdown, I didn’t see any point in staying in the historic centre for the two nights that I had intended to spend in the city. Instead, under the circumstances, I opted for a hotel close to the airport.

The hotel has an efficient shuttle service which will whisk you off from the airport in less than ten minutes, although it does run to a set schedule: AM from hotel to airport every 30 minutes, PM from airport to hotel every 45 minutes. It is not free of charge, they add 6 euros each way to your room bill. Outside the scheduled departures, they offer a more expensive private shuttle option (note that taxis at the airport may be unwilling to take you to Fiumicino town as they expect to get the 48 euro set fee for Rome).

I was received by the efficient but not very friendly receptionist and assigned a standard room on the 4th floor. My hotels.com booking guaranteed me an upgrade benefit, providing there is availability of course, and as the hotel was practically empty during my stay, I enquired about this. On enquiring, my standard room was mysteriously transformed to an ”upgrade” somehow, even though the room number stayed the same. Go figure.

Overall, the room felt unremarkable but adequate. It was clean and tidy, and reflected the four stars that the hotel has been awarded. It was not large, but not the size of a closet, either. It came with two single beds pushed together, an armchair and a desk. There was a safe and a minibar, although I would have expected a complimentary bottle of water, as this can usually be expected at airport hotels. Slippers were provided as well. The one thing that bothered me was the overuse of room fragrance. The balcony offered a river view of the rundown port area.

The bathroom came with a bathtub, but, curiously, there was only a handheld shower so if you wanted to take a bath, you had to use the showerhead to fill the bathtub. It filled up surprisingly quickly, though. The water was warm enough but not hot. Amenities included soap, shampoo and body lotion.

Breakfast, included in the room rate, was served on the top floor. The selection was a bit meagre but included two hot items, namely scrambled eggs and bacon. No cheeses or cold cuts were available, but there was yoghurt, some fresh fruit as well as cakes and cereals.

The whole of Italy being in lockdown mode over Christmas 2020, with all restaurants closed, I was happy that the hotel restaurant was allowed to serve guests lunch and dinner, and was kept open. I had dinner twice, and quite enjoyed the food and service. The waiters were friendly, the food was tasty and came in large portions, and the prices were moderate. I’m happy to say the restaurant exceeded my expectations.

There is a small swimming pool on the roof, which I’m sure is popular during summer.

The surrounding area was a letdown. It’s partly a rundown port district, partly a quiet suburb, and there are no points of interest nearby. The beach south of the river, with its many restaurants and clubs, might be interesting in the summer. There is a large supermarket within walking distance and the drive to the airport is very quick. At 53 euros a night, including taxes and breakfast, I consider this hotel good value and if I need accommodation close to Fiumicino airport, will no doubt stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank ffay005
Reviewed 6 October 2020 via mobile

Despite having a (real) mobility assistance service dog (with all the paperwork) and having a reservation, as soon as my dog (in his vest) entered the lobby, we were told to leave, and that “no pets were allowed”.

Even after telling the manager that service animals are not pets, he refused to allow us to get our room.

Had to go through booking agency to get refund of pre-paid night.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank mjmccoymd
Reviewed 19 September 2020

Very good value, helpful staff, clean and comfortable room, found us parking in the basement car park. Short easy drive from Rome Fiumicino airport. Good breakfast in lovely top floor restaurant.
Surrounding area looks a bit down at heel but felt completely safe walking around of an evening and a buzz to the open air dining at the many nearby bars and restaurants.

Room tip: higher floor will give a better view.
Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank Andrewjk2110
Reviewed 1 September 2020 via mobile

The location was ok, people very kind. Nothing to blame! Rooms are very clean, transfer from airport to hotel very good and on time. The view from balcony wasn't so nice, but i didn't have time to admire.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 74mariani
Reviewed 12 August 2020 via mobile

Well what can I say excellent hotel, great location and staff so helpful.. highly recommend. Thank you for making our stay memorable... pool a tad small but the beach is close by... great restaurant on the ground floor.. ❤️

Date of stay: August 2020