Lowest prices for your stay
US$194
SAVE US$9
Hotels.comUS$192
PricelineUS$194
TravelocityUS$192
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at Kunzmanns, while I was conducting business nearby. The room was comfortable and worked well for getting a few things done. A walk around the grounds was very nice. The highlight was the food at the restaurant , the Schnitzel was outstanding and cream venison served over spätzle was wonderful. The wait staff did well recommending food and drink and made me feel welcome .

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Kunzmann, Inhaber at Kunzmann's Hotel | Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2018

Dear Greg,

thank you for staying with us and for your review. I am pleased to read your favorable feedback for the comfortable room, my team and the beauty of our surrounding park and gardens. Moreover, I am most happy about your positive words for your dinner at our restaurant. Great that you found out that Kunzmann’s is the right place for everyone who likes to enjoy modern, regional cuisine in a cozy atmosphere.

I hope we will welcome you soon again at Kunzmann’s Hotel.

Best wishes,
Gregor Kunzmann | Host | September 2017

Reviewed 16 October 2016

The room is small. And bath is too tiny. The spa area is fine. Not too big,but they have everything a little bit. Many people in spa. Cant feel relax. We booked this hotel on booking.com. And the hotel itself has many their own package guests. So if you are not this kind of guest. It is impossible to have a better table in the restarant. Internet is awful and it is in the middle of nowhere. No room service at night or any shop nearby. Need to fight for your paking slot. I dont suggest this hotel for people younger than 50 years old . The hotel menu has many rules of punish you to add more payment. Read carefully! Count your towels! Even we were careful of everything we do there. We got a call after check out that they want to charge more money for something damage in the room. Which we didnt have a pet with us. But they believe that we have brought a rat with us. We think it is over priced for a 3 star hotel.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kunzmann, Inhaber at Kunzmann's Hotel | Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

Dear Guest,

thank you for reviewing your stay. A supporting and honest communication with our guests always has priority for us. Whenever there is something which is not yet satisfying, we do our best to find a solution. We tried different ways to do the same for you and find it very disappointing to read your comment here without appreciation of all our efforts.

Kunzmann’s Hotel is a family run hotel for nine decades now and we do focus on a personal, individual service. This atmosphere in combination with our location in the peaceful landscape of picturesque Rhön in Northern Bavaria and our various spa offers are supposed to turn a stay with us into a little time-out with moments full of relaxation. It is the whole „Kunzmann experience“ which wows the majority of our guests. I regret that you kept disappointing memories though.

Kind regards
Gregor Kunzmann | Host | October 2016

Reviewed 27 April 2016

Good clean hotel, great spa, friendly people. Nothing complain about that. If i might make some recommendations to the hotel owners:
1) The WIFI is terribly slow and extremely unstable, Seems like an internet connection from 20 year ago.
2) There is an ayurvedic treatment program in the hotel, offered by very friendly and capable people. The chef however in the restaurant has no clue what ayurvedic food is (ice cream, lots of butter, fried indian 'meatballs' with the filling and batter totally raw, and has completely ignored all the doctor's recommendations about what to eat and what not). I would strongly suggest to get a proper ayurvedic chef, they must be out there.

Nice hotel though, spa is excellent.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kunzmann, Inhaber at Kunzmann's Hotel | Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

Dear Steven,

thank you for your visit, and for sharing your recommendations with us!

I am glad you had a lovely stay at Kunzmann’s Hotel, and your critique is meant as a suggestion of how we can make a successful holiday even better.

In regards to your first point, the internet connection, we are constantly updating our system wherever possible, to guarantee the fastest reception available in our area. We are aware that the reception is not yet the fastest, but have been confirmed by the provider that the fibre optic cables are being installed in the community bit by bit. Sorry, the current speed was not in accordance with today’s internet standards for you.

As to your concerns about our chef, I would like to assure you of the authenticity of our staff, and the treatments offered. All therapists work closely together with our kitchen team, to prepare dishes exactly to their recommendations, so that every guest gets the most benefits out of their ayurvedic treatment. Every dinner is especially created in accordance to personal needs. The ayurvedic cuisine consists of many different dishes, and styles, hence our way of preparing these dishes may differ from what you had tried in the past. Even though you may find ice cream, and other dishes that are often perceived as „unhealthy“ from the western perspective, our kitchen team does prepare these strictly after ayurvedic standards, and with only the finest and most fresh ingredients, as well as in accordance to the therapists’ notes.

It is good to know that you enjoyed your trip overall, and that we will certainly have the pleasure to welcome you back again in the future. At which point I could even arrange a meeting with our chef, so you can discuss your ideas with him directly.

Until then we remain with best wishes from Bad Bocklet,
Your Gregor Kunzmann | Host | April 2016

Reviewed 31 August 2015

Stayed recently on a very short business trip. Arrived late in the night and the hotel was locked up but after a quick call, I was greeted by a very friendly lady who gave the keys to my room and suggested that I complete the paperwork in the morning.
Hotel is immaculately clean. Room was small but had everything needed.
Hotel does seem to have a nice spa attached but I didn't use those facilities.
Breakfast was good.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Kunzmann, Inhaber at Kunzmann's Hotel | Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2015

Dear Guest,

it is great to read that you kept our hotel in such wonderful memory, even after staying just for a short business trip!

Our Spa is very popular amongst our guests, and definitely one of our highlights. With a great variety of treatments, from Ayurveda over Massages, to our cosy Sauna area, we offer something for every taste.

We would love to welcome you back in the near future, maybe even for a Wellness-Holiday to pamper you from head to toe.

Kind regards from Bad Bocklet,
Ihr Gregor Kunzmann | Gastgeber | August 2015

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I stayed here for two nights in November 2011.

During this season, the hotel is visited mainly by people aged 60 and up who book special arrangements through travel agencies. The hotel staff was definitely surprised to see a younger person turn up, especially a single male...

All staff are very professional and are good at fake smiles and greetings... but I never felt anything welcoming or truly friendly.

I had a standard single room with bathroom (shower, toilet, hairdryer), television, desk. Nice bed, put in a separated area of the room. At 45€ a night including breakfast and use of wellness facilities, the price is right.

W-LAN is available everywhere in the hotel for free, you just need to ask for a password at the reception.

Absolutely great textile-free (naked) wellness-area including two saunas : a finnish sauna (80°C) in the garden as well as a bio-sauna with pink coloured lighting, quite nice (60°C). There is also a good steambath which certainly helped me in fighting an upcoming sinusitis.

There are two resting areas with nice resting chairs, one of them is called "Raum der Stille" where it is absolutely quiet (no trance music, no talking). Drinking water is available at all times.

It's a pity that the wellness area closes at 21h already... In my opinion, evening is the best time to enjoy the wellness area of a hotel as during the day I rather go for a walk or do some sightseeing.

Next to the wellness area is a fitnessroom (not very well equipped) and a swimming-pool (textile mandatory). Swimming pool is rather small (length of +/- 10m) but has an installation to produce counter current. Next to the swimming pool is a fine jacuzzi.

About the food : Breakfast buffet is rather good, I didn't think anything was missing : there were different kinds of bread and toasts, marmelades, cheeses, ham, sausage, eggs, fruits,...
Even if I went there rather late (half an hour before the end), I still found the buffet well-stocked.

I also ate in their restaurant in the evenings. At +/- 15-18€, you can order a fixed menu of three courses. Good value for money. Food not outstanding but decent.

With a big parking lot in front of the hotel as well as free public parking in the street. There is absolutely no need to pay for a parking spot in their "Tiefgarage".

Would go there again...

Date of stay: November 2011
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank VillefrancheVLB
Kunzmann, Owner at Kunzmann's Hotel | Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear Bart,

thank you for your stay at our hotel. We are pleased that you had a wonderful time with us and that you were amazed by our spa, our comfortable rooms and our food and our drinks. The hotel Kunzmann’s is run by our family, therefore a warm and friendly service was always and still is very important to us. We are sorry to read that you did not feel truly welcome and our service could not convince you totally. Furthermore I am happy to inform you about an enlargement of our fitness room, we added new equipment of high quality. Maybe that could improve your next stay?

Dear Bart, thank you very much for finding the time to let us know about your experience. We would be thrilled to welcome you again for your next visit to the idyllic and scenic southern Germany!

Ihr Gregor Kunzmann | Host & Owner