“The best homemade pasta in Barga”
Review of L'Altana

L'Altana
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Barga
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We returned to L'Altana after our 1st visit in 2007. We had the homemade pasta with truffle - it was amazing. The food is locally sourced and home-cooked. Service was friendlier than our last visit but we were prepared for it as the food is so good. This place must feature on your culinary hit list when you visit Barga.

1  Thank Joanis

Reviewed 10 August 2017

L'Altana had good food, decent prices and a very nice atmosphere. We had to book in advance for our dinner!

1  Thank Mikaela K
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Recommend by friends.

Excellent food, home made food and friendly family service.
Please visit if you around Barga or Lucca

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

We've been going to Altana for many years - it's always a highlight of our holiday.

I go with the intention of trying something new .... but always have the homemade maccheroni al tartufo (just writing that makes me drool!) and whatever beef tagliata is on offer.

Friendly, welcoming and really great food, every time.

Not sure my photo does the maccheroni justice, but I've tried!

2  Thank Fiona M
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We had a fantastic meal here, and were very well looked after. The best dish was a steak done in balsamic vinegar which was the best steak I have had in a long long time, it would melt in your mouth. This is a small restaurant and I recommend you book in advance.

1  Thank EC_Inversnecky