Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Aupic Paradise(Vieux Fort)(Great Value!)
US$70
Charlerys Inn(Vieux Fort)
US$65
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Serenity at Coconut Bay(Vieux Fort)
TripAdvisor
3 627
2 017
3 627
2 017
All reviewslazy riverwater slideskids clubswim up barcoconut baythe grillst luciaadult poolatlantic sidebuffet restauranta la carte restaurantssomething for everyonesea grassmud bathcaribbean nightentertainment staffmain restaurant
2 024 - 2 029 of 6 481 reviews
Reviewed 12 August 2015

I stayed at this resort from August 1st to August 8th. Let me start by saying I am not a hotel snob! I rely on Trip Advisor for all of my hotel/ vacations. I will give you an honest review based on my experience. First the Cons ( the pros will be short) Yes the hotel is very close to the airport. Upon arrival we were greeted by a wonderful young man with a great smile (sorry don't remember his name). We were given a nice punch and my 10 yr old was given the kids version. Our room was ready and we did get our bags right away. Upon entering the room (425 splash side) it was very clean and nicely decorated. There was a flat screen TV that had many channels for the kids which was nice. As other reviews have stated there was two 220 outlets so no need for an adapter. The main issue with the room that I had was this: when we arrived the bathroom was full of bugs! Now I realize we were on a tropical island in the month of August but really? It seems that the one window screen was not fitted correctly so I figured that was the issue. I had brought three bottles of bug spray ( after reading prior reviews) and used all of them. I had to seal up the area around the screen and spray in the bathroom every day to solve the problem. I also sprayed around the door because it did not close flush and the bugs were coming in. Now I did not ask for a room change because I just figured this would exist in another room. One woman I met at the pool said her room was infested with ants so she moved to another room which was much better. Once I got into my routine each day the bug issue was resolved. Yes they do spray every evening but as others have said it doesn't do any good. I saw plenty of women with dozens of bite marks on their legs. Now about the restaurants. First let me say the FOOD was good to excellent. That is where the good news ends. Aside from the two air conditioned restaurants upstairs ( Calabash was excellent! Silk was not. A lot of people said they liked it so it's a matter of opinion) the other restaurants are outside. I am by far a picky person but although they had fans it was very warm and humid! You also had to deal with the occasional fly/ bug joining you. Now I know why there is no dress code for these places. Who wants to be dressed up and hot?! I don't care what time of day you eat it is warm and humid. I was not aware of this before I booked the trip. It seemed like it didn't bother a lot of people so I guess it's just me and my family. The pool was nice but they should have more activities for the kids in the pool. Now let's talk about the beach. Yes as everyone has stated there is a ton of seaweed . This is not the resorts fault. They try to battle it but the way they do it needs work. Every morning and throughout the afternoon they have a dump truck and another machine scooping up the seaweed. Now if you are at the pool you have to deal with the diesel smell and the noise!!! COME ON! I know they are doing their best but it's not working. I did not see one person in the water during my stay. Lastly if you are a beer drinker you have only two options: Henikein or the local beer. They need at least one more option. Also if you want top shelf you need to buy a token for 2 dollars at the front desk. So much for all inclusive. Oh and beware! If you need money there is no ATM on the resort. You have to go into town and their ATMs do not give US dollars. Oh and the Wifi for the room was pretty good you just have to pay $40 for the week for up to four devices. It's free in the lobby.
Now the Pros: The staff is amazing!!! They can not do enough for you. The woman who cleaned my room (Gisselle I think her name was) was awesome. I asked her to keep my door closed when she cleaned due to the bugs and she did. Stephanie at the splash pool bar made me some awesome mudslides!!! No body made them better! Marvin at Calabash / Capri was awesome too! Big Ted was nice also! The woman who makes the French toast in the morning was great! She wasn't the girl named Lynn (she was nice as well) sorry I forgot her name. Every staff member I came in contact with was very nice and helpful! The bosses at this resort need to give them all a raise!!
This was my first trip to St. Lucia. It is a nice place with some beautiful scenery. Although overall I had a relaxing time I do not think I will return. This resort has to try and make some changes. I may be in the minority with my review but I am trying to help other travelers who have similar expectations as I do. Unfortunately I can not afford to stay at the Sugar Bay beach resort on the other side of the island. It is 5 star and looks amazing !

Room Tip: Check the room before you unpack. Get an upper floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Lynn T
Reviewed 12 August 2015

From our arrival, greeted by Saskia at the front desk and our complimentary glasses of champagne, to our check out a week later assisted by our concierge Eric with our luggage weighing and packing advice, our honeymoon along with my spouse's birthday was a remarkable experience. We made friends with Sepherine our maid who left towel creations and pleasant notes for us everyday. Vernon impressed us both with his advanced dancing skills, performing on Caribbean night our first night at Coconut Bay. We were pleasantly surprised to learn he attended to yoga and aqua aerobics sessions the following morning. Vernon was very engaging, a pleasure to watch, compelling you to improve your own exercise technique. The culinary experience was fantastic: Jill at the buffet went out of her way to cater to our every wish, Etto (short for Henrietta) was a delightful attendant we met at Calabash restaurant along with Dominique, Chef Darren at the intimate dining experience of La Luna for my spouse's birthday created exceptional memories that drew us back for more sensations of the palate at Capri, the waitresses at all these restaurants Kerdy, Elisha, Bertha, Kaysia, Shay, Yvonne, Jonelle provided unparalleled comfort in our dining experiences. John took us exploring the west of the island on a private excursion to the old sugar cane mill, the volcano Soufriere, mud baths, mineral springs, Sugar beach, and we almost made it to Moule a Chique the light tower. We will always desire to revisit this all-inclusive getaway.

Room Tip: Couples should choose Harmony ocean view, families should choose Splash
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Djenessa D
Reviewed 12 August 2015

We stayed at Coconut Bay for a week and enjoyed it immensely. The all-inclusive resort is a quick cab ride from the airport, which for anyone who has landed on an island for a vacation is a REAL plus. The rooms were average and actually the bedding was not luxurious but satisfactory. Our room overlooked the ocean, which is NOT the kind of beach you would find in the Cayman's or St. Marten....we didn't choose to swim in the ocean as it was a rocky area, but it was nonetheless beautiful. We took advantage of some excursions to the Pitons and to Castries and Soufrierre. We found these towns uncomfortable due to the number of panhandlers (some were just children) and street vendors who wouldn't leave you alone. This is NOT a reflection on Coconut Bay Resort, but on the experience off property. We had a delightful time and would return again.

Room Tip: There is an adults only block of rooms, and a "family" block....book accordingly.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Saintaugiedoggie
Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

We booked this resort for our honeymoon and couldn't have been happier with the experience! The entire staff is amazing. Hands-down the best service and nicest people I've ever met. Kerwin (Eugene) especially went above and beyond to make sure we had a good time.. and became a great friend in the process. He even brought me some local beers from the island to try that they didn't offer at the resort, just because I told him I loved to sample new beers. The piton zip line tour was also alot of fun, and it gives you the chance to see the west coast of the island on the way there. Overall a great experience. We look forward to going back again in the future!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2015

We spent a week at the resort from 8/1 to 8/8. The resort is well kept. The food was very good and offered a lot of variety. Bars and food were available continuously. There are many polls and the resort offers a lot of opportunity to chill quietly or be in the thick of the activity. A very good mix of adult and family activity. The staff was friendly and always made an effort to please. I would consider going again. There has been a problem with the seaweed reaching the beach and the resort did a good job communicating this issue. They also made a significant effort to keep the beaches clean of it. This effort was obvious throughout our visit. I just think that nature was winning the battle.

Room Tip: Look for a 4th floor room it provides the best views. These rooms do cots more. I thought it was worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family