“Ohio house”
other travellers have booked this property
Private beach
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Private beach
Full access kitchen with microwave, coffee pot, toaster, pots and pans, and dishes
Dining area
Beach View to West
Community shelter house w/charcoal grills
Community shelter house basketball court at beach
Master bedroom
Bedroom 3
1 of 2 bathrooms
Bedroom 4
Bedroom 2
Bar and entertainment area with big screen tv
Washer/dryer
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Queenie37...
Newark, New Jersey
“Ohio house”
Reviewed 12 March 2021 for a stay in March 2021

This place was just perfect!!! LuAnn has such a beautiful and relaxing propertyit was just simply amazing... the private beach was awesome as well, and it’s a must that you visit the rainforest near by

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 27 February 2021 for a stay in February 2021

Date of stay: February 2021
noralizd8...
Lakeland, Florida
“Amazing ”
Reviewed 19 January 2021 for a stay in December 2020

Omg such an amazing place my family and I cannot have had the most amazing trip ever if it weren’t for such a beautiful place as the one we stayed In yabucoa the Ohio house is such a cozy beautiful and peaceful family house. The owner is amazing she always made sure she checked in on us made our stay comfortable and exciting. Very humble and such a beautiful person I can’t wait to go and visit again definitely will be booking again. I recommend this house 1000 percent. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Date of stay: December 2020
Hbish0
“Perfect December Beach Getaway”
Reviewed 8 December 2020 for a stay in December 2020

There isn't enough space here to convey how perfect this vacation was. It was just me and my 6 year old daughter. The house had everything we needed. I cooked breakfast every morning with the double front doors wide open so we could feel the ocean breeze and hear the waves crashing. We slept comfortably. Each bedroom had one air conditioner and we turned it on about an hour before bedtime which had the room plenty cool for the night. We left the windows and doors open most of the day when we were there and the temperature was very comfortable. Fans were available both ceiling and others but we didn't need them with the natural breeze. There is a laundry room with extra towels and wash cloths and an easy to use washer and dryer. We packed for half a week and I did laundry one day. Everything was clean upon arrival and instructions were easy to follow. The owner was great about sending tips for what to do in the area. She was accessible via text anytime. There is no wifi here which the owner explained she couldn't add due to no signal but this is a huge plus, really. How else would you get the family to disconnect? I did have phone service with US cellular for just $10/day since PR isn't considered in their "footprint". There is a flat screen TV and DVD player although we did not need it.
The major draw here is definitely the beach! Location of the beach is about 50 yards (1-2 minute walk) and we had a key to the gate. With it being so close all we carried with us was a towel and the key to the gate. The beach is private so pandemic or not it is open and you rarely see another person there. The absolute best thing about the beach other than the wide open space with (usually) no one else there is that there is a rock formation just off the shore on one end which is "U" shaped. It blocks the waves creating a kid-safe natural pool which was only 3-4 feet deep and allowed me to lounge on the beach in between playing with her instead of standing over her the whole time. The cutest little clear and blue fish were swimming in this area around our feet. There were also little crabs on the beach more easily seen at dusk which my animal loving daughter thought was so neat. They were running away from us, of course, and were no bother. We also found lots and I mean LOTS of sea glass! Amber, brown, Emerald, clear, white, seafoam and 4 very tiny blues.
The nearby town of Yabucoa offered everything we needed and although we explored the island some we certainly did not have to go more than 10 minutes to find everything we needed. I did rent a car (make sure the car rental place you choose is actually on site at the airport)- compact is key on these roads if you don't need the space for a bigger family. Grocery store, Ralphs, was 10 minutes away and easy to find with my Maps app. There was Dulce Arte which was a breakfast and lunch shop with great coffee, meals and pastries located on the same road as the turn off for the house. Most people in the area were bilingual though I can not be sure at this shop because my Spanish held up here lol. Sammys Pizza was on the way to Ralphs. Great atmosphere. We ate here twice. On Sunday there were lots of roadside food trucks and pop up shops that we didn't see any other day.
Exploring further out, San Juan was 1 hour away and the drive to/from the airport was easy with the Maps app. El Yunque was also a fun day which was less than an hour but keep in mind La Mina trail (swimming in the waterfall) is closed since Maria and anticipated to open 2021 or 2022 - I saw 2 different signs not sure which was correct. There was one rainy day but the rain was contained to the east side of the island so we drove west first to El Coamo hot springs (so relaxing I absolutely loved it!), then from there to Ponce which is the site of the Historical Parque de Bomberos and has some beautiful architecture downtown where we stopped for lunch, then we proceeded all the way to La Paragua where we grabbed some ice cream then hopped on a boat tour for the sunset, swimming, and a look at the bioluminescent bay! We used Hookd on adventure boat tours and it was perfect - also found on Trip advisor.
We will most certainly be going back and staying in this same home. The beaches here in NC are nice but oh so very crowded and therefore the not worth the price tag, really. Not to mention, who doesn't need a little sunshine in December?!

Date of stay: December 2020
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
SanPedro7...
“Family Vacation 2020”
Reviewed 3 September 2020 for a stay in August 2020

a very beautiful comfortable spacious house overlooking yabucoa Beach an ocean a very safe place to be with your family private beach where you can enjoy the beach with your entire family and I worried about overcrowding and with the Covid19 it's a private be so you have to have no worries the house is beautiful and safe we also experience the tropical storm Lucia the house was very safe and we was able to watch the storm as it came in and go over us beautiful water a beautiful area where you can go snorkeling by the rocks what's the island geckos Coqui frogs and iguanas and a little hermit crabs as you explore the beach and inside of the island easy access from the north south and the east when you're coming back after visiting the island this is my second time being there enjoy the work my family my children when they were smaller beautiful and spacious in San Antonio this a fridge or Hector TV you can hook up your own movie To Sir Roku Smart TV to nice bathrooms for bedrooms laundry room everything so you can be comfortable with you and your family and I recommend it to other people as well

Date of stay: August 2020
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.