“Nice place with french spirit”
Review of La Fourchette

La Fourchette
Ranked #68 of 314 Restaurants in Hove
Price range: US$21 - US$42
Cuisines: French
Description: A traditional French restaurant with a modern touch, including a contemporary cocktail & wine bar.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have coming here over the last 3-4 years. Lovely bar with a very good selection (which can be hard to find). Very good in expensive bar menu. Sunny out door seating, buzzing in summer. Good selection of evening meals some more advance and in the price end of the scale. Not far from the sea front.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is the first time back with the new management and chef, So much improved, Simply good french cooking with attentive service. Good selection of wines. Not cheap especially the specials but some good value dishes throughout the menu.

1  Thank KPedds
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My family and I had a wonderful Sunday lunch at La Fourchette yesterday. The food was delicious and Vincenzo and Elisa were fabulous hosts. The atmosphere was friendly and that nice sound of happy chattering among all of the diners was really nice.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants good food, good service and a great atmosphere!

Reviewed 15 March 2018

We made an early booking and were warmly welcomed by our waiter Vinny. Vinny was extremely helpful, attentive and friendly all evening. The wine list was fine and we very much enjoyed our choice. We both ordered seafood. My husband had the cod special, which was the best cod he has ever had. The accompaniments were delicious. I had a main of huge prawns in a tasty sauce, with chips, and I ordered extra vegetables, for which I paid extra. We both had dessert. My husband had the lemon tart, which was fabulous, and I had a trio of small desserts, which were fresh but not outstanding. It is the third time we've been to La Fourchette, and we have never been disappointed. The food really is excellent.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

A super atmosphere with excellent service and quality food and wine.
Moules Mariniere with a thick creamy sauce - just exactly how I like it; extraordinary sea bass with a crisp skin topping a delicate fish full of flavour - but not too much to overshadow the taste of the fish itself. A good selection of wines. Particular credit must go to the lovely lady bar-tender who lit up the room with her welcoming smile. A visit from the chef and attention from the owner was also a rare treat. Thank you. Rosie x