“Relaxed dining with cosy fireplace”
Review of De Witte Gans

De Witte Gans
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Dalfsen
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The White Goose is located in the forest near Dalfsen, 10 minutes drive from Zwolle. In this restaurant with a rustic, rural but also contemporary atmosphere, you can enjoy modern international inspired dishes form our open kitchen. In summer we have a beautiful terrace in our garden. In winter we offer a romantic setting with a our fireplace.
Reviewed 18 March 2018

Been here more than once because the food is good and the atmosphere is relaxed.
We were here during the National Restaurant Week for a dinner with friends. It was a cold night, the grand fireplace kept us warm. The menu of the restaurant week was well thought out and tasted really good. The wines complemented the dishes well. We had a lovely evening out here. We will certainly be coming back.
Will recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

De Witte Gans is hidden about 4KM outside of Dalfsen and 10KM from Zwolle.

It is a warm and charming restaurant that serves fantastic food in a friendly and comfortable setting. The menu is small but inventive and most everything is locally sourced.

We have been eating here for years, particularly on the holidays and it never disappoints. It does get crowded on weekends and holidays so reservations are mandatory.

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

I chose this restaurant for National Restaurant Week for a dinner with husband and friends. The Herberg Witte Gans is not far from Zwolle, in the woods around the town of Dalfsen. They have a lovely terrace for the summer period and inside the restaurant the setting is cosy, with a grand fireplace that keeps you warm during the winter. The menu for Restaurant Week was very well thought out, with two choices for the first and main courses and extras that you could order for in between. The food was delicious and visually very nice. Service is a bit slow at least enough to notice. When I booked I indicated that our friends' son was allergic to a number of foods and the staff and chef took very good care of this issue. All in all, we had a very good experience and are looking forward to going back soon.

1  Thank AledysVer
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

A classy establishment set in lovely country surroundings about 8km outside Zwolle. Boasts a Bib Gourmand which I thought a bit of a stretch, but the experience was above average starting with drinks and an amuse on the terrace before the call to a atmospheric interior with quality settings. Floor service was good but the kitchen rather slow. Choosing from the variety available on the 3 or 4 cource Bib menu I started with vitello (cooked and raw) dish and followed with a tasty duck portion and cheese board costing around E36. Reasonable value.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

Yes it is pretty good, but at these prices: what else could one expect? Plenty of lower cost restaurants nearby that I prefer over this one I'm sorry to say.

After a mild allergic reaction they first checked with the cook if that ingredient was really in the dish (I had pointed out my allergy) before they replaced it. I'm not used to that kind of treatment,actually.