“Quality restaurant”

Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in De Koog
Price range: US$105 - US$163
Cuisines: Belgian, Dutch, International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Wambinge is named after the oldest village on Texel. Characteristic is the warm atmosphere and the fantastic location by the water. Here you definitely taste the heart of authenticity. The power of simplicity reflects in the tasty dishes. Restaurant Wambinge is based on the classic French kitchen whereby the products from Texel reign supreme. Naturally we let the seasons play a role in the dishes we serve. You can enjoy 3 to 7 course menus or you can make your own choice from our often-varying, seasonal menu. Whatever your wish, we will cater for a pleasant, culinary evening. From an intimate dinner for two to an extensive family dinner or buffet.
Reviewed 10 June 2018

Dined in this restaurant twice in one week. I think that says enough. Pure quality food together with a very motivated staff that gave us a good service. I had lamb (perfect), my wife had fish (Dorade, excellent). This restaurant deserves the highest qualification. If I have the give one improvement advice: be more generous with vegetables.

1  Thank Neierke

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Delicious food, locally sourced. The menu explains all about the local sources, very interesting information.
Very friendly staff, good service.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

We ate here on one night last week based on the excellent reviews. The menu was good, but the slow service and also OK ribeye and peach desert (could not taste the peach) left us feeling that it could have been so much better. As my wife was not drinking I choose a wine package (by the glass) which allowed the head waiter to match 2 suitable wines with my 2 courses. Wine choice was good and the value was excellent. Overall experience was that the potential was there, but that it just failed to deliver in the execution.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

A break from all the mass catering or fast food eateries in De Koog. Based in one of the towns better hotels, cooking is French influenced with a varied menu. My beef starter was delectable. Mains of fish extremely well cooked but surprisingly mains were accompanied by fries !. Desert was as delectable as the starter. Good wine selection. Overall good value dinner. Restaurant lacked a little atmosphere but we were there on a Sunday night in March. Can recommend.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Great service, awesome food which is very tasty! Also for vegetarians this is a place you can eat well!! Check the photos for the veggy courses.