“Ummm - our experience did not match the other reviews”

Restaurant Wambinge
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in De Koog
Price range: US$104 - US$162
Cuisines: Belgian, Dutch, International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Wambinge is named after the oldest village on Texel. Characteristic is the warm atmosphere and the fantastic location by the water. Here you definitely taste the heart of authenticity. The power of simplicity reflects in the tasty dishes. Restaurant Wambinge is based on the classic French kitchen whereby the products from Texel reign supreme. Naturally we let the seasons play a role in the dishes we serve. You can enjoy 3 to 7 course menus or you can make your own choice from our often-varying, seasonal menu. Whatever your wish, we will cater for a pleasant, culinary evening. From an intimate dinner for two to an extensive family dinner or buffet.
Reviewed 24 July 2017

We ate here on one night last week based on the excellent reviews. The menu was good, but the slow service and also OK ribeye and peach desert (could not taste the peach) left us feeling that it could have been so much better. As my wife was not drinking I choose a wine package (by the glass) which allowed the head waiter to match 2 suitable wines with my 2 courses. Wine choice was good and the value was excellent. Overall experience was that the potential was there, but that it just failed to deliver in the execution.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

A break from all the mass catering or fast food eateries in De Koog. Based in one of the towns better hotels, cooking is French influenced with a varied menu. My beef starter was delectable. Mains of fish extremely well cooked but surprisingly mains were accompanied by fries !. Desert was as delectable as the starter. Good wine selection. Overall good value dinner. Restaurant lacked a little atmosphere but we were there on a Sunday night in March. Can recommend.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Great service, awesome food which is very tasty! Also for vegetarians this is a place you can eat well!! Check the photos for the veggy courses.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

We stayed at the Greenside hotel and enjoyed dinner at Wambinge one night. The food is really nice, the service is excellent and the price is ok. It is certainly not a cheap eat, but you get value for money.

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

The four of us really had a very nice diner. Typical food of the area, very tasty. Nice wine selection at acceptable prices. We all selected the three courses menu. Starters were very nice. Three of us choose the raw (local) meat tartare and the fourth one had the halibut. We all had the very tender local meat as a main course, really very tasty. 3 of us took the cheese and I asked for the coffee dessert. The cheese platter was very generous and very nice. The coffee dessert consisted only of a cup of coffee! Very disappointing! I got my coffee way before the others had their cheese desert. When I made a remark about it, I got no reply at all. So really very nice food, but for me the finish was a real, real disappointment certainly compared to the cheese desert. I still wonder if this is how they do it, or if this was a mistake.

1  Thank JohndeJong_RDAM_NL