All reviews friendly staff split level suite living room hotel room tenderloin the kitchen coffee and tea facilities castle dinner reception building upstairs menu tower sauna wines information
Reviewed 3 June 2017

High tea with large group op people today was a big disappointment.
Not even one of the three waitresses was friendly. Not even an apology when a glas of wine was accidentally poured over one of of our family member his back.
Clearly lack of a good manager who makes it a priority to always being friendly to your guests as they are ultimately paying their wages. Never ever again.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Robstar24
Boshotel V, Guest Relations Manager at Kasteel Daelenbroeck, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback after your visit to our restaurant. We regret your poor experience during the High Tea. We agree that our waitresses should always be friendly and helpfull, especially in case they accidently spill a drink over someones clothes.
The person in question can always contact us so we can pay for the dry cleaning costs.

We will of course talk to our staf about this matter so we can prevent this kind of negative experience in the future.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Had a fantastic valentine diner here.
Staying in the towersuite with bublebath and sauna.

Enjoying it very much. Great view. Huge comfortable bed.

They really did a great job on the restauration.

Friendly staff.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2016

I paid the full price mentioned on booking.com and ended up in a room in a "farm building" outside the castle. It was definitely not worth it's price: The room was a modern addition, with bad sound proofing (you could hear the neighbors cough and talk). The internet was bad (tested several times, and even at 6 AM, no more than 1,13 bps) - even playing a Youtube sound clip (no moving video) turned out to be challenging. For claiming to be luxurious, the bathroom didn't live up to standards

Room tip: make sure you don't get rooms 1 to 4
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2016

As i have a customer nearby i always try to stay at this place. Today was my third stay. The stafff is very friendly and the accomedation is perfect. Normally also dinner is great, but unfortunatly last night it was not. I asked for the tenderloin (ossehaas). When it was served the meal looked great. However it a had a small very dry piece of meat on it. I tried 1 of the three pasta pieces and it tasted great. Then the meat.
My mood changed tasting this. I was disappointed. It was dry and also tasted unfresh. I raised my hand and explained my point. I was offered another piece of meat.
After 10-15 minutes i was served an excellent tenderloin steak. However. To keep warm or heat up the plate and its pasta and mashed potatoes they had somehow destroyed the rest of the meal. It tasted horrible. After dinner i had the feelling i had eaten a 3 euro supermarket meal. I was to tired to complain. My discomfort was also not noticed.

The next day i spoke to a local about the dinner i had. He said it can be perfect and on other occasions it is hopeless as i described. We both agreed.

So the tip is. Go there when it is busy season. They will have more freshly prepared meals and maybe a better cheff.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2016

Stayed at the farmhouse, very large room on two floors (stair very sharp) nice living room downstairs. I can only imagine how it is like staying at the tower..... had dinner at the bar, very good food and good taste, a place to remember for the rest of your life.

Room tip: stay in the tower suite
Date of stay: October 2016