US$145
US$141
US$249
US$192
US$289
All reviewslong staypost officeclean roomsbalconylakesupermarketkitchenettefurniturecheese
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

We spent our 3-day long weekend in Interlaken and Luzern. I will definitely come back if I visit Luzern again.
1. We stayed in this hotel as it just took 20 minutes to Luzern, which was more cost effective than staying in Luzern.
2. We booked 2 triple rooms. Both rooms are clean and spacious
3. Nice breakfast: 4-5 types of bread, toast, boiled eggs, 4-5 types of cold cut, 4-5 types of cheese, cereals and porridge, fruit salad and nice coffee
4. Friendly staffs

Point to improve:
1. Guests have to bring toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner on their own

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Daniel M, Inhaber at Krone Buochs - Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for the positive and very helpful comment. We hope to see you again.

With kind regards.

Daniel Michel

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Business dinner in a nice location and ambience,. Ordered soup and seafood, well cooked and fresh roast fish n veggies

Welcoming and has a pub area as well as fine dining

Pets welcome as our Aussie Shepard was

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed in an apartment at the Krone for 7 weeks. The kitchen was poorly equipped and the room lacked sufficient furniture. On arrival I asked for either a coffee maker or kettle and received neither, I also asked and was refused a comfortable chair to sit in whilst watchingTV. The cutlery was virtually non-existent.
I also needed to have 5 shirts a week laundered - at the equivalent of £7 per shirt this was an expensive outlay. The owner was surly and unapproachable. I will not be returning.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Daniel M, General Manager at Krone Buochs - Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

This is difficult to answer. It did not fit from the very beginning. Still, I would like to clarify a couple of things. The furnishing of the room is dependent on the size of the room. From our point of view, the room provides everything needed by one, or maximum two people. We provided you with a kettle as well as a coffee maker, but not on the first day.
How much more cutlery do you need, if you have a running dishwasher in your apartment?
The shirts were washed and ironed for the price of CHF 7.50 each. This is equivalent to £ 5.50.
Upon request, we have also disposed the abandoned suitcase free of charge.
I am sorry to hear that I made a surly impression on you. I would have appreciated it if you had told me about your complaints at check out because then, I would have reacted to improve the situation for you.
Nevertheless thank you for your detailed comment.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Let's start with the positives. The hotel is conveniently situated in the centre of the village, close to a supermarket, bank, post office and bus stop. It is modern, clean and tidy. For lengthy stays, there is a well equipped and cheap self-service laundry facility in the basement. There are a few restaurants within 10 minutes' walk which allows some variety from the hotel restaurant (good food, but rather pricey, even by Swiss standards)

An inconvenient feature was the fact that the hotel is unmanned from late Sunday afternoon and all day Monday. Therefore, if you arrive on Sunday evening or any time Monday, yo have to retrieve a key from the wall safe to let yourself in, then find your room key and effectively check yourself in. Not great if you have any problems. I chose this hotel because I was staying for several weeks on business, so had booked a long-stay apartment. I was therefore a little surprised to find that my 'apartment' was an en-suite room with a kitchenette and sofabed, no bigger than 25 square metres (probably nearer 20). I rang the duty manager for an explanation and was told that this is what I had and there was no alternative. I had specifically asked in advance if a kettle would be provided and had been assured that there was one: there wasn't (although they did arrange one for me the following day). The sofabed was probably the most uncomfortable I have ever slept in. In fairness, after I mentioned this, they arranged two single mattresses to go on top - not ideal, but more comfortable. I was staying with colleagues who also had apartments - which I later found out were more in keeping with the concept, with 3 rooms and a balcony. I was a little surprised that I had been charged the same price as for these. Having said that, the 'proper' apartments were rather sparsely furnished and all requests for such simple things as an easy chair were refused. The apartments were supposedly serviced, but that amounted in practice to being cleaned (including bedding and towels) once per week. I ended up buying my own cleaning products to use on other days.

Overall, I felt that my colleagues and I were tolerated rather than welcomed for the duration of our stay.

A final point to note - and this is NOT the hotel's fault - a nearby church has a clock which chines every 15 minutes, day and night and frequent sessions of bell ringing, typically at 5AM. You eventually get used to it...

Room Tip: The front is next the the road; the rear is close to the church - take your pick!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Daniel M, General Manager at Krone Buochs - Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

We are pleased that you have taken the time to review your stay in such detail. We noticed that we could not meet all your expectations at the beginning, but have found a satisfying solution for you after a shared conversation.
How nice that you missed us on our closing days ;-). Until now, all our guests have managed to find their keys and their rooms on our closing days. In a case of urgency, we are there within minutes to assist you, which was the case on your arrival late in the evening.
It was pure coincidence that we had the amount of apartments desired by your travel agency available. The conditions concerning cleansing and laundry exchange were known to the travel agency. The prices correspond to the market prices and our offer is considered inexpensive in direct comparison in our region.
That you did not feel welcomed contradicts our understanding of hospitality and for that we apologize.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

We stayed here on an overnight visit trying to get about an hour from the Zurich airport. It was a perfect location for it. Parking is across the street and fairly easy to access. The service was good, and we had a late check in which they were fine with. The two issues noted is that our room was on the street side of the Hotel and very loud with the windows open. Lots of traffic and kids outside hooting and hollering. It was a very warm night so we needed the windows open as there was no AC which is pretty common in Europe as its not usually hot. The room lacked any type of coffee maker which was a bit rough when we got up early for the airport run.

Room Tip: pick a room away from the street if you want a quieter experience.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family