“Watch out for hidden add ins and a rude manager.”
Review of Casa Pedro

Casa Pedro
Ranked #122 of 226 Restaurants in Playa Blanca
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited this with my wife and two kids. The owner really couldn’t have been any colder if he tried, but the reviews seemed good.

Ordered our food and we all enjoyed it except when the bill came. An item which was advertised as €25 suddenly charged at €30.... another which was €10 was suddenly €12, then there was a lovely little €8 add on at the end!!!! When I asked what it was for I was told “for the complimentary bread and butter”. I explained that’s not what complimentary means and he just shrugged and said “this is price”.

Placing my card down he picked it up and said “No card, cash only”. Very surprised but at this point was a bit p’ssed off so I just paid and left warning would be people who’d just sat down to check.

Nice meal spoiled by being sneaky as we’d have probably gone back. Not now and hopefully a few others will head thenwarning and keep a wide berth.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 070)

6 - 10 of 1 070 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I would say the best restaurant in the location. The menu could be more detailed and not all the waiters friendly. Food good but higher prices €60 for 2 fish lunches main course only with water and sangria.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I loved the meal here although my friends weren't so appreciative. Lovely white tablecloths, friendly staff,and parts of a 100 year old wreck on the walls behind glass. I ordered what I thought was spaghetti with asparagus and roquefort but it turned out they were 2 separate dishes. They combined them for me and whipped up an off menu green salad withe melon and avocado and both were gorgeous. We had the lanzarote wine which was also fab. One of my friends had steak but thought the sauce a bit rich and another had the local fish which was a bit bony but I loved it.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

I have visited casa Pedro on 2 previous holidays to playa Blanca. This time we ate there twice, fabulous restaurant, good attentive staff and beautiful food. On 3 occasions we have had the paella and always have found it excellent. Good value for money too. Will be back

Reviewed 5 June 2018

The setting at Casa Pedro is very nice: on the Avenida Maritima, so close to the sea. The interior is nice as well. The food is good, without a doubt. We had the fish of the day and it was yummy. The service could be better though.
When we got the bill we got an unpleasant surprise: this restaurant does not have VAT included, and also charges for “pane e coperto”. Really strange, it seems that this is one’s own discretion in the Canaries, but it would have been nice if they would have put that on the menu, just like some other restaurants write down that VAT is included in the price.