All reviews west end air con pool bar perfect location mini fridge minute walk out of season young clubbers pre drinks reception staff pool area was great party holiday playing music plenty of sunbeds loved this hotel shower room sunset strip
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband for 3 days in July. The check in and out was easy enough. The room we got faced the pool, which was nice. But the room is not equipped with everything you need, not many amenities. I needed the iron and we had to request it at the reception, also leave a deposit, which they return when you bring the iron back...no big deal, just annoying. There’s a lot of mosquitoes. The beds were ok. They have parking on premises, in front of hotel, if you’re lucky enough to find a spot. But if you have a rental car, you’re better off using their parking garage, for $5 a day. Street parking is rough. They offer a buffet breakfast, which was pretty good (fruit, coffee, juice, cereal, cold cuts and cheese, eggs, bacon, etc). The pro is definitely the location, near restaurants, shopping and activities you can purchase on the boardwalk.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Jose Manuel C, Gerente at Hotel Playasol Marco Polo I, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Dear Jeannett04,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience in our establishment, with all Tripadvisor users.

It´s a pleasure to know that you enjoyed in our establishment and we greatly appreciate all your positive comments about the location and buffet breakfast.

Our main goal is to obtain our customer´s satisfaction.

We hope to see you soon in Playasol Ibiza Hotels!

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Came here for a week, good sized modern room. Plenty of space, cleaners just need to make sure they buff the mirrors! Lots of choice for breakfast. Coffee could be better. Staff friendly. Just one night there was a lot of noise for hours on end, staff weren’t bag helpful but eventually stopped.

Stayed: August 2018

Dear wsussex17,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing our Marco Polo I for your holidays and for taking time to explain your opinion with all users on Tripadvisor website.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed of the friendliness of our staff and the breakfast.

We take this opportunity to inform you that we are making important improvements about the noise because our main objective is to obtain our customers satisfaction.

We apologize again and we hope you will trust Playasol again to enjoy your holiday in Ibiza.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a hen in May. Excellent facilities, friendly staff, good breakfast, lovely spacious rooms. All for great value! I was a bit worried seeing some of the other reviews but it was everything we needed and more than expected from a 3 star hotel :-).

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Jose Manuel C, Gerente at Hotel Playasol Marco Polo I, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Ashleigh_J90,

We would like to thank you for sharing your incredible experience in our establishment, with all Tripadvisor users.

We are pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay and we greatly appreciate all your positive comments about the facilities, breakfast, nice rooms and friendly staff.

This kind of the motivation you gave us help us to keep on improving our services in our establishment.

Thank you in advance for your recomendations and, hopefully, you will choose again our Hotel Marco Polo I for your next stay in Playasol Ibiza Hotels.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. The staff are ignorant, I complained 4 times about the air-con not working and they said they would get someone out to fix it. This didn’t happen. I requested a fan because it was that warm and we were all pouring with sweat whilst trying to get ready. We didn’t get no fan, I even had to wet a towel with water in the sink and lay it over me to cool down as I nearly fainted at one point. There was a group of 9 girls and we have all come home with bed bug bites, we originally thought they were mosquitos but more and more have appeared since been home and we have been to a chemist which they have confirmed they are bed bugs. We are absolutely furious with the level of service as we paid over £600 pound to stay in the hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amy R
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

On arrival we were happy with our greeting and our room looked lovely with a lot of space and big balcony but this opinion changed massively by the end of the holiday. We paid £650 each there was 9 of us and we booked a package through jet 2 where everything was included. We found the staff quite rude/arrogant and felt we were annoying them everytime we went over to reception at first I put this down to a language barrier but as the holiday went on they didn’t even make eye contact with us. The cleaner kept binning everything in our room that she shouldn’t have such as cigarettes and balloons (which are legal by the way) which she had no right to do. When we first arrived we got dropped off by our Jet 2 transfer at the door of our hotel when it come to getting picked up the reception staff just told us to look on the Jet 2 notice board which said we would be picked up between 8.45-9.15 so we got to reception for 8.40. It got to 9.20 still no transfer we asked reception for information and they just kept telling us it should be there between the times on the board so we rang Jet 2 who advised us we were supposed to go to the bus station to get picked up and reception staff should have told us this? Now I’m not fully blaming the reception staff for this as Jet 2 should have given us this information aswell but considering there were 30+ notices for pick ups on the Jet 2 notice board I am guessing this hotel are involved a lot with Jet 2 and should know this basic information. We then had to pay 90 Euro in taxis which we didn’t have as we’d ran out of money so this was stressful in itself. Now I am going to get to the bad bit... each room had 2 normal beds and a camp bed at the side. Throughout the holiday all of us were complaining about mosquito bites by the last day 3 of us had around 25 bites each which were extremely itchy and irritating we went to the chemist for cream and this did nothing. We got home and bites were still appearing which we found strange as we were now home so we went to the doctors and were advised these bites were from bed bugs not mosquitos and some have them have got infected from itching them so much then staying in the bed again which we now need treatment for. The 3 of us that stayed on the camp beds have come out worse but our other friends who were in normal beds still have been bitten quite a lot. This has completely ruined our holiday as we are all so itchy even waking up through the night because they are that itchy we even have some on our faces. We are annoyed that we didn’t realise this while on holiday and Ibiza pharmacies just give us mosquito cream but why would we ever think it was bed bugs when the rest of the hotel seemed clean? Do not stay in this hotel it is my biggest regret and it has completely ruined our holiday every time we went out we couldn’t stop scratching which ruined it for us and we couldn’t enjoy ourselves. The itching has been that bad and irritating some of us have been crying it’s unbearable. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY HOW CLEAN IT LOOKS BECAUSE IT IS NOT!!! It will only let me add 10 photos on this post but I will add another review with some more photos and this is only 5 of us there is another 4 with bites everywhere

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends