US$614
Villa Paraiso(Porches)
    Villa Arina(Porches)
    Reviews (1 294)
    1 294 results
    All reviewsindoor poolsea viewsmall kitchenettewellness centresteam roomlovely hotelevening buffetsandy beachesplenty of sunbedssuperior roombuffet stylebed and breakfast basiscliff toprelaxing holidaysenhora da rochacooked breakfastsun loungers
    9 - 14 of 1 294 reviews
    Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Superb place to chill, hotel is on a rock cliff, nearly in the ocean.
    The beach could be reached by few steps.
    Breakfast was enough to choose from.
    Maybe would be good to change the sortiment of sausages, some seafood.
    Overall it was a good choice for a holiday.

Review collected in partnership with Pestana Hotel Group
    1  Thank snowman6705
    pestanaviking, Manager at Pestana Viking, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear. "snowman6705",

Warm greetings from Pestana Viking! We are really glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
    It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedbacks.
    Looking forward to your next visit.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We're just back from a week at the Pestana Viking and on the whole we had a nice relaxing holiday. It's an OK hotel, nothing flashing, just basic.

Our room was a good size, bit plain and characterless, the bed was hard and although we booked a double we got a twin with the beds pushed together. (arrived late after a days traveling, too tired to argue).

The hotel is situated on the cliffs with lovely views, several sandy beaches within easy walking distance and the pool area is very nice.

The breakfast was good with lots of choice and the dining room looks out over the pool and to the sea. On the day we arrived we had the evening buffet for 20€ pp, there was a good choice but everything was very bland and uninspiring so we never went back, there are several very nice restaurants within walking distance so why would you, in fact on our last night we had two courses plus sangria for 2 in a local restaurant, the quality was excellent and it was less than the buffet for 2 plus 2 beers.

Our biggest gripe with the Pestana was that on the Friday night there was a wedding in the hotel, the noise outside our room from drunk revelers shouting and cheering started about 10pm, the disco kicked off at 22:45 and was so loud I could name the tracks from my bed. This stopped about midnight but lower level music plus revelers once again shouting and screaming went on pretty much til 1am.

Would we go back..mmmmm.. because of the disco, no. We go on holiday for rest and relaxation, if I'd wanted a discos and to be surrounded by drunk revelers I'd have stayed in Albufeira.

1  Thank JohnBeds

Dear "JohnBeds",

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback about your stay.
    As a valued guest, we were not pleased to hear about your experience about the noise disturbance. With aspiration to always exceed guest expectations, we have unfortunately fallen short of this goal during your recent stay and we would like to apologize. We will do our best to take corrective action and to avoid it from reoccurring.
    On a positive note, we are very glad that you have enjoyed our location, the views and our breakfast.
    Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We aim to improve and we look forward to serving you better in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely hotel, with a great sized pool. Breakfast is really good with plenty of choice and the staff are fantastic. The only thing I would say is that there is no tea and coffee in the room so bring your own if you've had a long journey. I would definitely go back the staff couldn't do enough to help

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Jodd33

Dear "Jodd33",

Thank you for your nice review, we shared it with our team and everybody is very happy with your comments and with the fact that you found your experience with us "good".
    It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we will be delighted if you return.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a lovely hotel with a great location and stunning views from the balcony over the pools and gardens toward the sea. Located closely to two stunning beaches within coves and also close to a few restaurants. There was a problem with the air conditioning on day two, within 20 minutes we were in a better room on the same floor. The situation was handled efficiently and quickly.

Review collected in partnership with Pestana Hotel Group
    1  Thank stuart464
    pestanaviking, Manager at Pestana Viking, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mr. "stuart464",

Thank your very much for your precious comments. We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your stay at The Pestana Viking . We appreciate your compliments and recognition as it is a great motivating force for us to keep up with the service.
    We hope we get to see you again in the near future. Thank you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I booked Pestana Viking directly with Pestana after I unfortunately had to cancel a trip to their Cayo Coco Hotel which was booked through a large UK operator.
    The hotel itself; beautiful! On a lovely cliff top with beautiful beaches. The decor was great, light and airy. Beds, pillows and bathroom were all well functioning and very comfortable! Luisa on reception was very helpful in helping us book a boat trip and a pleasure to have a conversation with. The main two gents who ran the bars (pool and evening) were also a pleasure.
    So why only a rating of 2? This hotel is a b&b and we paid extra for the dinner option as we only had a short stay and didn’t want the hassle of finding somewhere to eat every night. Biggest mistake!!! The food was mediocre at best... I’ve had better “Portuguese” food in my local Nando’s! It was edible but bland and requires a severe amount of seasoning to give it taste (not the fruit and salad, they were tasty but that’s hardly difficult to achieve)! Then we get to the service!... Night 1, seated and instantly offered a drink. Night 2, whole dinner service without a single drink offer from the waiters. Night 3, drink offer just in time for desert and night 4 (time of writing and my last evening here), well We got a drink offer whilst I had 3 uncleared away finished plates on a tiny, space limited table in front of me. I spoke to the waiter saying it was a little late to offer me a drink to have with my dinner when I have just eaten 3 courses, his response was I don’t understand, give me a minute and then wandered off and served others. For a 4 star hotel which cost £125 per night on special offer, this level of service is unacceptable! I was planning on rebooking Pestana Cayo Coco but now I’ve been put off. Would recommend staying here as a base for sun worshiping and then eating out, don’t waste your money on the dinner option... I certainly wish I never did!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
    1  Thank k14stk

Dear "k14stk",

Thank you for choosing Pestana Viking and we appreciate that you took the time and effort to share your experience with us. We truly appreciative your generous praises towards the location of our hotel, confort from our room and front office service.
    Please accept our sincere apologies for the unsatisfactory service you have received from some of our staff in the restaurant. We have discussed the issues you mentioned with my entire team and corrective action has been taken to prevent such occurrences from happening again and to ensure our usual top quality service is maintained at all times.
    Thank you once again for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We aim to improve and we look forward to serving you better in the future.

Kindest regards,