“A fabulous villa, with the most helpful owners...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Villa Camaleao

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 19 reviews

Reviews from our community

MarkPManc...
Manchester
“A fabulous villa, with the most helpful owners you could ask for”
Reviewed 12 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018

Spent a week at the villa which was fantastic in all ways. Outside area is fabulous and gives enough space for a big group of people to relax in their own space. Inside is well equipped and rooms lovely. Most of all the owners Steve and Janie can’t do enough to help and even had a case of beer they lent us when we ran out ! Thank you both for making my 50th one we’ll all remember.

Date of stay: August 2018
thecoolfo...
London, United Kingdom
“Great Holiday Home”
Reviewed 8 May 2018 for a stay in July 2017

Really nice villa, only moan is that they need to replace the towels as really old and hard but might have done that by now, but great place for big groups of people, relaxing area. The pool and garden is the best things about this villa as so big, we spent most of our time in the garden/Pool. I would say car necessary though as the roads were not really that safe to walk on as no path. Friendly owners.

Date of stay: July 2017
Your age range 35-49
Kieran P
Herefordshire, United Kingdom
“Perfect for summer, excellent for autumn”
Reviewed 7 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

We had an excellent stay, and Steve and Janie could not have been more helpful. We arrived at separate times in three cars, two of which got lost in different locations. Steve rescued both in his own car and was cheerful about it. He was also full of good advice on various issues and had stocked the villa with various items we requested for the first meal.

We liked the location a lot. On a very spacious lot in the hills above Armacao de Pera, yet only about 5 minutes away from the nearest beach, it was quiet and tranquil, which must be a great blessing in the frantic summer months. Ideal for outdoor living, with plenty of patio furniture and quiet corners to sit and read. Indoors the kitchen is well equipped, and there are plenty of bedrooms and bathrooms, all in good shape and modern.

The living room is less impressive than the rest of the house, and the pool was too cold for our grandchildren to make much use of. But it was late October, near the end of the season, and the pool must be bliss in summer. In fact the whole place must be bliss in summer.

I chose the heading deliberately. I can't think of a nicer place to stay in summer, when I would be very little inclined to leave the property and join the crowds. We were lucky with the weather, in the mid to high 20's. But I suppose our large party of 11 might have chafed a bit if it had rained throughout.

Bottom line: a very enjoyable stay. In fact my wife and I stayed on in Armacao for several days to enjoy the fabulous beach walks and the lagoons behind the nearby dunes which are teeming with birdlife.

Date of stay: October 2017
7 Nov 2017
Thank you for your stay with us and your kind words

Mary K
Cork, Ireland
“Holiday in Villa-Camaleao, Armacao de Pera, Portugal”
Reviewed 10 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

I decided to celebrate a significant birthday in Portugal and I brought 3 generations of my family to Steve & Janie's wonderful villa for 1 week in June 2017. There were 14 of us and we were perfectly accommodated in the villa. I had not been in Armacao de Pera before and I found the whole area to be the " Real Portugal ". The super beaches with miles of soft golden sand which were enjoyed by all the family. On Steve's recommendation we visited some restaurants where the food was perfect. We did spend quite an amount of time in the villa because it was so comfortable with it's pool and and extensive sun decks.
Steve and Janie were wonderfully helpful hosts and even surprised me with a birthday cake .i would have no hestation in recommending the villa but would suggest that guests hire a car because there is so nuch to see and do.

Date of stay: June 2017
15 Jul 2017
Thank you for your kind words, we love to here that you enjoyed yourself
and you found the villa comfortable.
All the best and hope to see you again
MissDPxx
“Amazing villa!! ”
Reviewed 17 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

I didn't book this place , the family I holidayed with did, so can't comment on the booking process etc, only my stay. I do Totally recommend this place! We literally landed back in the uk last night, but can't rate this place enough! Easy to find! Spotless! Gorgeous garden and pools, friendly owners who were just brilliant!! The villa is well equipped beautiful bedrooms and bathrooms and it really was just gorgeous! Perfect from garden for morning work out!!

Only downsides - bring your own loo rolls, car park fob needs fixing, no air con in rooms, only the master suite and the bedroom you reach external. We had the garden bedroom room and had air con but the rest of the family had only fans! They had a lot of restless nights however Steve did bring then more fans!

Date of stay: July 2016
18 Jul 2016
Not sure what to say about the toilet rolls as the villa is self catering and we Always leave 2 rolls in each bathroom for your arrival .
As you know we had temperatures of 38 degrees and when you leave the patio door open the villa will heat up, it sounds as you had a long trip home.
Kind regards
Steve & Janie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.