“Highlight of Holiday”

Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Dugort
Price range: US$0 - US$23
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A simple and authentique menu with French and Italian food inspiration.Home made pizza and fresh bread are the must try !In a chill out atmosphere, for friends and families, you'll enjoy listening or playing music after dinner beside the fireplace.
Reviewed 2 July 2016

This is one of the best places I have experienced in a long time. Its very unique, i loved everything about it , the music, the food, the staff. Its a real gem. Ate there with my husband and three kids who all agreed the pizzas and the garlic bread are the best they have ever tasted. I hope to get a chance to lodge there in the future. Such a chilled out holiday atmosphere. For anyone looking for something a bit different and a real relaxing experience this is the place

puremagicAchill, Manager at Pure Magic, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2016

Thank you for your review.
We are happy you had a great time here in our little paradise.
We look forward to seeing you again next year at Pure Magic.

Cheers
Teresa

Reviewed 27 June 2016

Popped in on Saturday as we where on the Island, and a friend of mine who stays there regularly swears by the Pizza, we weren't disappointed.
Pizza was phenomenally fresh, and my wife enjoyed her pasta, lovely laid back vibe, and the kids enjoyed the pool table & Hammocks when they were bored, and we weren't quite finished our coffee yet. Will go back again if we are lucky enough to visit Achill again

Thank you for your review.
We are happy you had a great time here in our little paradise.
We look forward to seeing you again next year at Pure Magic.

Cheers
Teresa

Reviewed 16 June 2016

We (19 people in our group) stopped at this place for lunch on a Sunday afternoon. The whole experience was surreal, but not in a good way. They knew we were coming and supposedly had brought in extra food and staff for us. But you'd never know it by how we were treated. First, they didn't start serving until 2:00 p.m. (for lunch?). We got there at 1:00, were seated, served water and given menus. Only then were we told we had to wait. Second, after we came back at 2:00 and ordered food, we then had to wait 45 minutes to get it. While the pizzas were good, spending this much time in a restaurant was not what we wanted to do on Achill Island. Third, I had to go find the manager to get the bills and only then did I learn that she couldn't create separate bills. Imagine trying to determine who-owes-what amongst 19 people! This entire experience felt like a really bad Saturday Night Live skit.

Francois C, Manager at Pure Magic, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Dear Guest,

I was the manager on duty that day and I distinctly remember your group arriving at Pure magic for lunch, firstly I am very sorry that you had such a disappointing experience.
We are reviewing our lunch time opening hours in response to your comments.

In our defense I can only explain the following: We had notified your rep when he made the booking for your group that our lunch service currently starts at 2pm which he acknowledged on the phone. When working with this rep in future I will assure to email him a confirmation of his booking so this confusion does not occur again.

Secondly, we can only apologise for the unbelievable delay for your food arriving. Not as an excuse but an explanation for the delay, our oven was on the blink ( we have since replaced it.)

Finally in relation to not being able to split your bill the reason for this as I explained on the day was that I had given a bigger discount on an already discounted meal package (12,50 for pizza and chips) so with 2 discount already on the same bill the till system cannot split bills.

Once again we are very sorry if this caused inconvenience to you .We appreciate all feedback even when it is not positive. We hope you will give us another chance as your experience really was not the norm as you can see from the large number of very positive reviews.

Kind Regards,

Pure magic Team

Reviewed 15 June 2016

I was hoping things had been revamped a bit since my last visit but this was not the case.
We were seated inside the door where the pool table is. We needed the high chair for a baby so this suited us space wise. However when one of us went to sit on the sofa they literally sank in to it & had their knees up in their chest. One side of the table had regular wooden chairs the other was this old sofa which is not suitable for putting at a restaurant table. It's height did not match the table & due to it's age any support in the bottom cushion was long gone.
Our order got a bit mixed up & we had to wait longer than seemed normal for our food. I understand that happens sometimes but it's not great when you're trying to keep a baby happy & get through a meal without tears. Our orders weren't too complicated either.
The food was average. The desserts were less than average.

I'm mainly writing to give feedback on the toilets. When heading in that direction, you can smell them before you see them. Not good. Also a hook on the back of the door would go a long way for women with handbags. No one wants to put a bag on that floor. They really needed a good clean which would hopefully eliminate that overpowering smell of urine on approach.

That said, life away from the toilets & food is entertaining for kids. Nice setting with a great view & space to run around.

Reviewed 27 May 2016

Pure Magic is a fun place to visit. It's decor is unusual but the people that run it are so friendly. We were there on a Friday for the pizza special - buy one get one free (12"). The pizza was presented on e thin crust with lots of toppings to choose from. Excellent choice! Ask about the kite surfing.....