Review Highlights

Dallas, Texas
Family Bucket List

Inspire35358834016
Jacksonville, Florida

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 June 2019

Tootabi Hunting Safaris gave me the most incredible South African experience I ever thought possible. The lodging was second to none and the entire staff was committed to giving me the best experience of my life. I am forever grateful for them and can’t wait to come back!

1  Thank Dream10170584399
TootabiSafaris, Guest Relations Manager at Tootabi Hunting Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2019

Dear Guest

Thank you for the beautiful review! Glad your expectations were met.

Hope to see you again!

Kind regards and happy hunting!

Reviewed 28 June 2019

It has long been a dream of mine to hunt in Africa and Tootabi helped make it come true. I decided to share it with my wife and kids (20 and 17) as well as have the kids hunt. It turned out better than I could ever imagine. My PH Neil even talked my wife into hunting and she harvested her first animal ever. 22 animals and everything on our list by the time we ended. My boys want to go back again after they get out of school and are wanting to take me this time. I can not say enough about the whole experience and can not wait to come back again. Thank you Loodt and the Tootabi family!

The Litwin Family

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Dear Mike and the Litwin Family!

Thank you so much for your generous reviews and we are so happy 😀 that you had your plans expectations met.

We are also glad that we now have 4 more members of the Tootabi Team.

Please share some of your pictures of your hunt on Trip Advisor.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 27 June 2019

Tootabi is a wonderful family ran business. The second you walk into the door you become family as well! The amenities are above and beyond and I recommend loading up a cooler and going for a game drive in the afternoons!

Date of experience: July 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
TootabiSafaris, Guest Relations Manager at Tootabi Hunting Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2019

Thank you for your positive review! Hope to see you again soon! Happy Hunting!

Reviewed 22 June 2019

I hunted at The Elephant Lodge which is beautiful. Amazing sunsets. Excellent food. But most importantly, the Buchner family is first class. I am so happy to call them friends. All of the PH’s I met were great.The hunting in the immediate area is very hilly with extremely dense brush. However, there are areas where the brush has been cleared and this provides an opportunity to see quite a bit of game. With all the concessions Tootabi has just a short drive north you will find a completely different experience. A satellite camp in an old house from the 1800’s nestled back up in the mountains. No electricity and fed byOne more like far west Texas or New Mexico. With this comes a totally different experience and different game. I loved having that variety. I will definitely hunt with them again. I am anxious to see the Karoo and the Kalahari.

Hello Culture544* :)!

Thank you for your review, we do appreciate and value your input. Your patronage is also warmly welcomed! Hope to see you again soon.

Many thanks and share the love!

Kind regards,

The Buchner Family & The Team of Tootabi!

Reviewed 20 September 2018

In August, we hunted in the East Cape with Beans (of Tootabi Hunting), Andri Fox (Andri Fox Safaris), and a young PH named Pierre. Beans took my 17 year old nephew and 22 year old son out hunting with him most of the time while Andri and Pierre took my brother, dad and I out.

Beans was absolutely great with the boys. It was good to have a pro like Beans teach the youngsters the correct way to hunt without picking up their uncle's/dad's/ grandfather's bad habits. Andri also took my son out towards the end of the safari and guided him to a huge gold medal Kudu bull.

All of us enjoyed our hunt. Not surprisingly, the boys both tagged out with five each. My brother did as well. These guys were VERY good at getting us up close to the animals. We all learned a lot from them.

We stayed at Andri's. His family members were fantastic hosts and we really enjoyed our stay with them at their ranch (I have tried to add them to trip advisor too but it won't let me). If you are considering taking a young hunter to Africa for the first time and want a professional hunter with patience to teach the youngsters how it is done- the right way-Beans is your PH! Their ranch house was also nice and the warthogs and other critters living around the Tootabi ranch house (especially the one that sucks on your hand) were cool too.

Date of experience: August 2018