Review Highlights
2019 hunt

Had a wonderful time hunting in South Africa with Loodt & Neil. Great hunting, great scenery and... read more

Reviewed 6 July 2019
paulnM7169QX
Tootabi is the Best!

Tootabi Hunting Safaris gave me the most incredible South African experience I ever thought... read more

Reviewed 28 June 2019
Dream10170584399
Dallas, Texas

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 June 2019

Tootabi is a wonderful family ran business. The second you walk into the door you become family as well! The amenities are above and beyond and I recommend loading up a cooler and going for a game drive in the afternoons!

Date of experience: July 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
TootabiSafaris, Guest Relations Manager at Tootabi Hunting Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2019

Thank you for your positive review! Hope to see you again soon! Happy Hunting!

Reviewed 22 June 2019

I hunted at The Elephant Lodge which is beautiful. Amazing sunsets. Excellent food. But most importantly, the Buchner family is first class. I am so happy to call them friends. All of the PH’s I met were great.The hunting in the immediate area is very hilly with extremely dense brush. However, there are areas where the brush has been cleared and this provides an opportunity to see quite a bit of game. With all the concessions Tootabi has just a short drive north you will find a completely different experience. A satellite camp in an old house from the 1800’s nestled back up in the mountains. No electricity and fed byOne more like far west Texas or New Mexico. With this comes a totally different experience and different game. I loved having that variety. I will definitely hunt with them again. I am anxious to see the Karoo and the Kalahari.

Date of experience: June 2019

Hello Culture544* :)!

Thank you for your review, we do appreciate and value your input. Your patronage is also warmly welcomed! Hope to see you again soon.

Many thanks and share the love!

Kind regards,

The Buchner Family & The Team of Tootabi!

Reviewed 20 September 2018

In August, we hunted in the East Cape with Beans (of Tootabi Hunting), Andri Fox (Andri Fox Safaris), and a young PH named Pierre. Beans took my 17 year old nephew and 22 year old son out hunting with him most of the time while Andri and Pierre took my brother, dad and I out.

Beans was absolutely great with the boys. It was good to have a pro like Beans teach the youngsters the correct way to hunt without picking up their uncle's/dad's/ grandfather's bad habits. Andri also took my son out towards the end of the safari and guided him to a huge gold medal Kudu bull.

All of us enjoyed our hunt. Not surprisingly, the boys both tagged out with five each. My brother did as well. These guys were VERY good at getting us up close to the animals. We all learned a lot from them.

We stayed at Andri's. His family members were fantastic hosts and we really enjoyed our stay with them at their ranch (I have tried to add them to trip advisor too but it won't let me). If you are considering taking a young hunter to Africa for the first time and want a professional hunter with patience to teach the youngsters how it is done- the right way-Beans is your PH! Their ranch house was also nice and the warthogs and other critters living around the Tootabi ranch house (especially the one that sucks on your hand) were cool too.

Date of experience: August 2018
2  Thank JWaters68
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Had a great time. Owners and staff were helpful, knowledgeable and accommodating. Overall trip got 2 thumbs up.

Date of experience: September 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for a great review! Post some pictures along with your second review. Hope to see you again soon.

Take care,

The Buchner Family.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Had a great time on this trip. Staff worked very hard to ensure that all went well. Excellent food and accommodations, and many animals were seen.

Date of experience: August 2017