“A food diamond in lefkada ”
Review of Thymari

Thymari
Ranked #6 of 58 Restaurants in Lefkada Town
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A quiet and relaxing place ideal for a summer dinner.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Thank god i hadn’t been influenced by the false and negative reviews I had read before going to this little pearl of restaurants in this island ! The owners were so friendly and perfect professionals, the food was excellent ! We celebrated my birthday having dinner with my close friends !

grimfang, Ιδιοκτήτης at Thymari, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear sir

We feel highly privileged that you chose our restaurant for your celebration. To meet the standards of a highly experienced traveler and gastronomer as yourself is not an easy thing to accomplish. It gives us great pleasure to see that we did! Thank you very much.

Papalavrentiou P.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I don't know how the food is because we were not allowed to sit. We were 7 persons ( 4 adults and 3 kids), we told them 8 more people might join us. There were plenty of seats, waiters kept coming to us,, then left with a tangled behaviour : "we don't know if there is place.. " , " just a moment!" ... The last one said she will talk to the manager, the manager came, looked at us and just smiled, no words at all... we left confused. My wife told her she should just say we are not welcome there, she just looked with her precious forced grin until we left. I understand they were afraid the kids might disturb the other guests but still this is the most awkward situation I ever experienced in a restaurant.

1  Thank Marian I
grimfang, Ιδιοκτήτης at Thymari, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear madam

You state at your review that you don’t know how the food is in our restaurant. I can assure you you don’t know many other things as well! You don’t know that we have a kids menu with three different options for our little customers which means we do accept and welcome kids in our restaurant. You don’t know that a restaurant with empty tables is not necessarily empty because some or all of them can be reserved. To make a reservation at a restaurant is a practice used all over the world. Although we do welcome people without a reservation at our restaurant. You don’t know as well that fitting 7 to possibly 15 people in a restaurant with reservations takes some thinking about table management, which means it takes some time. You do know though that while the waiters and the manager were trying to figure out where you could sit you left mumbling something about being unwanted and left us all wandering what happened.
Finally now that I made some facts clear for you, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review for a place you know nothing about. It will surely be helpful to the community.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I love their food, great attention to detail, and a determination to present Greek food amongst the best of European cuisine. Seeking advice on the excellent Greek wine list is a must. I keep coming back and am never disappointed. Not cheap but certainly worth it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beautifully presented. Attention to detail. Quiet side road. Tried my best to like it but was disappointed that I didn’t. Seems like they are trying too hard and somehow the menu missed the spot. Can’t fault the place lovely cutlery, glasses and toilets top notch. (Priciest yet £68 for two)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Not for the first time, we visited Thymari and received a lovely warm welcome.
We had tuna ceviche; fava beans with smoked eel; and egg with potato foam and truffle oil. I had beluga lentils. To follow 2 had liver and my friend and I shared shrimps with cardamom linguine. We chose the recommended pink flamingo wine which complemented the food perfectly. For dessert we shared two dishes: a delicious deconstructed lemon meringue pie and Baklava. They do serve massive portions, which suits many people - but I wanted to leave room for a dessert. We also enjoyed the
muscat digestif.
There was a lovely ambience - no doubt a reflection of the charming owners. Outside seating and no need for wraps as the weather was still warm at 7:30 pm.
I recommend Thymari without hesitation. And although it is slightly hidden away (so quiet and relaxing), it's not difficult to find.