“Friendly atnosohere with lits of toys to pick from ”

Aunt Donkey's Toys and Novelties
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went there a few times with my daughter when we stayed in the cottage in Lion's Head. Employees are friendly, there are a lot of toys to choose from plus they have a little play room in the back which is perfect if you have a young toddler with you.

Went up to Lion's Head on Easter long weekend and got invited to the Easter Egg hunt that was happening at Aunt Donkey. My daughter had a lot of fun and it was a great activity, looks like all the kids enjoyed themselves! Thank you Aunt Donkey

All reviews
"toy store"
"souvenir"
"novelty"
"monkeys"
"head"
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

My first impression was that this store was going to be like any other novelty store but was I wrong! The shop has interesting games, toys and unique buys. It’s not very big but it has enough that you’ll want to go back to make sure you didn’t miss anything. I ended up going back twice and bought some amazing gifts. It is definitely a store you need to stop at when in Lions Head.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I wanted to buy a last minute Lion’s Head souvenir so we walked from the B&B to Aunt Donkey’s after we finished loading our bags in the car. We were greeted as soon as we stepped inside this tiny but brand new looking shop. It was obvious, glancing around, that Aunt Donkey’s is more of a toy store than a souvenir shop. Since they did not have what we were looking for, the pleasant young woman at the counter suggested that we check out The Dandy Lion which she said also sells locally made souvenir gift items. I was not surprised when she referred us to the other place since I read that both retail shops share the same owner as Marydale’s Family Restaurant.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

You need to stop in and buy something. Cute little novelty toy store. We found several craft kits and quirky souvenirs. Bought some lip gloss and a souvenir item along with a waterproof case for my phone when I go on outdoor junkets and trips where that might be necessary. Fun and friendly and there's a game board outside to play with too.