All reviews train station shopping centre free onsite renovated room return stay third floor springvale road free parking and wifi reasonable room rate bed was comfortable water pressure room service pleasant stay reception staff are park your car continental breakfast short stay
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed here as it was in the centre of where I needed to be.

The reasonable room rate and free parking lured me in as most places charge $25 upwards per night to park your car on site.
It is only a 5 minute walk from the Glen Waverley Train Station and surrounded by a strip of lovely Asian restaurants and a Dan Murphys if you're looking to buy some alcohol.

In all honesty - the room and bathroom itself was a little run down and outdated but absolutely functional and possessed all the requirements for a short stay. I had a room in the corner overlooking the street and found it pleasantly quiet.

I would stay again if I had to be in the area for any reason but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Overall, for the rate I paid, free parking and wi-fi, I can't complain. It does appear that there are some nicer rooms on the opposite side of the building. Perhaps if staying opt to pay just a little more if planning on spending ample time on site. If the purpose of your stay is a place to sleep and wash, like me. Then you can't go past this place.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tess206
Nilantha S, Manager at The Waverley International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your last stay. The upgrades to our property are ongoing and reaffirm our commitment to providing a positive guest experience. I also appreciate your comment regarding the free parking and Wi-Fi.
We have upgraded third-floor rooms to premium level and looking forward to renovating some more in coming future.
We would personally like to thank you, and invite you back to Waverley International hotel, any time you are in Glen Waverley.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Stayed here on a business trip to the area. While an older property, the room was good sized, comfortable and functional. The dining area is nice, with excellent service. Location is near many restaurants and convenient to the train. The only thing I didn't particularly like was the tub shower, other than that the hotel is fine.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Nilantha S, Manager at The Waverley International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Stayed for a working week last week. Often stay around the area, but first time at this hotel. The staff were pleasant, the rooms were tidy and clean and the location is handy on Springvale Road close to the main business district and a large number of in the main good quality restaurants. Quick access to the Freeway and the location was quiet. The railway station is walking distance, and Dan Murphy is in short walking distance also which is very handy if you like a drink after work.
Everything was pretty good for a business type visitor but I probably wouldn't take the Minister for war and Finance (wife) there for a holiday.
Breakfast offerings were good value and good quality. Continental is available but I ordered from the menu. Not extensive, but also not expensive and good quality as mentioned. The coffee was good and I am a snob with coffee.
One downside which sees me mark the hotel slightly lower was that I was placed in a disabled room, which in itself is not a problem of course, but as there is no step in the bathroom shower area, (Yes I understand the requirement to have no step) and there are two floor wastes, the shower water pretty much flooded the whole bathroom, so extra towels were needed to enable one to stand in front of the mirror in a vain attempt to make oneself look 10 years younger. (Losing that battle quickly)
I had to mop up after showering so I could use the toilet. (I hear some of you say why didn't you kill two birds with one stone) I am sure that all of the rooms would not be the same, and I did get in at short notice so I can't be too critical.
Anyway, a good value hotel that can be recommended for business travellers in particular needing to stay in South east Melbourne area..

Room Tip: Ask about the bathroom; see if you can get a shower cubicle equipped room.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management and staff, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a beautiful feedback on your recent stay with us. Thank you for your comments regarding the breakfast and about our renovated rooms. I personally apologize that you have placed in the disable room. We have update your profile to make not to allocate disable room. We deliver an excellent product and services for the price always.
The Waverley International Management and the team are looking forward to welcome you back.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

This place is run down and really not in a good state. On the upside - it is close to restaurants and cafes and the bed was reasonable. Unfortunately that's about where it ends.
The shower head and control were broken, iron was dirty and filling cap wouldn't close resulting in water on shirt when ironing, stains all over carpet, broken tiles, kitchen kettle was dirty and VERY old. I could go on and on but I guess you will determine by now I was not impressed.
I have told my admin to never book me here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank GlanandJo

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share the feedback with us from your most recent stay.
On behalf of the Management and the team, I would like to personally apologize for the unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stays with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.
Management took the necessary action to fix all the items in the room and check all the rooms in the hotel to make there is no issues with other rooms as well.
Once again, thank you for the feedback and we would like to welcome you in future.

Nilantha

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Great ambiance, great service, great hospitality and splendid food. Very convenient location, the train station is with in walking distance, near to The glen shopping mall. To conclude a very nice place to stay with your family or partner. :)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the property. The management and staff have work extremely hard to earn the type of comments that you have made, and continue to work every day, to deliver the best hotel experience possible to our guests. We will be upgrading some of the rooms in the upcoming months and plan to remove those Spa (tubs). The renovation will help to provide quality accommodations. We appreciate your business here at the Waverley International Hotel and invite you back to Waverley International hotel, any time you are in Glen Waverley.