Reviews (2 180)
2 180 results
All reviews modern hotel the upper deck walk in shower sky tv leisure facilities retail park party night club room the verve self service wet room great facilities business trip the pub bar area great value for money would stay again
1 193 - 1 198 of 2 180 reviews
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

For a visit to Manchester the tram stop is very close and return trip less than £4.
Have stayed here a few times but on this occasion we found that the store room door was propped open with the light on and on one night there were 4 vacuums left out on the corridor!
Breakfast has increased in price from £6 to £7.50 with no difference in what's on offer. In fact, when we first stayed there you could have omelette made to order but this service seems to have gone.
The reception staff are very pleasant. The rooms are spotless.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
markwilliams16165, Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Ashton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear you found our Reception team to be friendly and welcoming during your visit. Please be assured that your comments regarding housekeeping have been passed over to our Head Housekeeper for review. I am sorry to hear you found our price increase in breakfast does not reflect in the product we offer, our prices are monitored and the Village Hotel does endeavor to provide the highest quality at the best prices we can as our all you can eat breakfast buffet.

I sincerely hope this experience does not deter you from returning to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

My cousin recently had his wedding here, the room was beautiful however the food was not great at all! A small jacket potato with a small amount of chilli con carne on top and half a ciabatta with packet beef on it and there was very little/non left for some guests - very poor and disappointing especially for a franchise of this size! Bar staff were lovely however no where near enough staff on the bar and wedding guests had to use the other bar to get drinks due to the waiting time. Even though the wedding was lovely I wouldn't plan an event here as the food was extremely disappointing and waiting time for bar was too.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you did not find the food on offer at the function you attended to be up to your expectations. Please be assured that your comments have been passed over to our Meetings & Events Team for review.

I hope that this experience does not deter you from returning to the hotel to be able to enjoy the other facilities we have on offer for our valued guests.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

Stayed at the hotel for a wedding. Dirty mark on pillow and my wife and I didn't have the best nights kip as we were next door to a hen/bridal party who made noise all night. Also some of the cooked breakfast was cold. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear of the issues you encountered during your recent stay with us. Please be assured that your comments regarding breakfast have been passed over to our Head Chef for review to ensure our breakfast is consistently maintained throughout service. I have also passed over your comments regarding the stain on the pillow to our Head Housekeeper to ensure that the team are thoroughly checking each room. In regards to the issue of noise, our night team do regular floor walks throughout the night to ensure the safety and security of our guests and when we come across any noise we do action this. however if any of our guests are disturbed in the meantime our Reception Team are available 24 hrs to assist in any way we can.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

Lovely looking hotel
Friendly staff go out there way too help
Lovely rooms with choice off pillows
Great food

Even got a star bucks in hotel
Good facilities near by
Cinema, Hollywood bowling
Kfc, McDonald's, prezzos

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found the team to be friendly and welcoming during your visit. I am very pleased that you found our location was suitable for you during your stay in Manchester.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

The rooms were great had to remind reception that I had ordered a cot for one room as one not in room when we arrived the breakfast was lovely and a varied choice but the drinks in the hotel bar were a bit pricey

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found our Buffet Breakfast selection to your liking. I am sorry to hear you did not have the cot ready in your room on arrival, however I am very pleased to hear that the Reception Team rectified this for you in a timely manner.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.