“Really well appointed bungalow in a lovely...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Chloe's Retreat

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
DeanPrice...
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Really well appointed bungalow in a lovely village and ideal for West/North Norfolk discovery.”
Reviewed 31 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

We had a Monday to Friday break at Chloe's retreat and can honesty say it exceeded our expectations.
A modest looking place from the outside but very well appointed within. Everything was clean and tidy, a nice little welcome of a box of chocolate fudge and some milk in the fridge. Excellent value.
We managed to convince our 13 & 11 year old daughters to walk to the beach, headed for south beach, 25 minutes later and we were having a hot chocolate in the Cafe there and nice stroll along to north beach and back home again.
We would recommend staying here with a small family, board games are available and plenty of seating with the lounge and the conservatory area.
Pubs, chip shop, curry house and Chinese all within walking distance, along with a Tesco metro just around the corner.
We managed to cram quite a lot in over our stay but I would highly recommend a trip to Wells-Next-Sea, what a great place, the sunshine helped but a lovely walk around the town and then out to the lifeboat launch at the start of the harbour inlet.

Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
25 Apr 2014
Thanks for your kind observations ,we will pass them on to our housekeeper .
John
kathryn s
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Beautiful, clean, well appointed holiday bungalow, with everything provided you can possibly think of.”
Reviewed 7 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

We went to Norfolk for a traditional family holiday with my two teenage children and two cocker spaniels. The accommodation was absolutely beautiful, the photographs of the bungalow do not do it justice. It was spotlessly clean and included everything you could possibly wish for. Every time I needed to make a query with the owner, it was dealt with very promptly and efficiently.

The bungalow itself was very well appointed, and was a walkable distance away from the beach, and the beach allowed dogs onto it at any time of the year, which is quite unusual in my experience. So my two dogs were in doggy heaven. The garden of the bungalow was totally secure, and my two escape artists could find no way out so it passed a very thorough test! This gave me plenty of peace of mind and made the holiday nice and relaxing because I didnt have to worry about what they were up to.

The kids aged 14 and 17 were both happy too. There were no less than 3 televisions in the bungalow, and my son took along a play station which kept him quiet! So there was no arguments about what they wanted to watch on the TV. There were plenty of board games which they took advantage of, books and dvds as well.

There were two local convenience stores which were within an easily walkable distance, which stocked everything we needed. There was also a very nice fish and chip shop too which we can highly recommend!

We visited Wells, Sherringham, Cromer and Hunstanton whilst we were on holiday. The bungalow was ideally located for us.

From my point of view, being the one who had to use the facilities in the kitchen, the pots and utensils were all lovely, and very clean. There were plenty provided. The microwave was very useful, and also the freezer was much bigger than what I am used to on a holiday usually it is just a box at the top of the fridge, this was a proper freezer, with plenty of room for storing enough for a family of four for a week. I cant think of anything which I needed which wasnt provided.

My husband really enjoyed relaxing in the conservatory which is the biggest one I have ever seen, it opens out onto the garden so we could sit there and just chill out with a lovely view, as the garden itself is lovely. I enjoyed taking my coffee up to the quiet corner and sitting at the table to do my cross word or read. It is very peaceful and was lovely just to chill out.

The bathroom, which I have read another review on, was again very clean. The shower itself had no pressure problems and was very powerful. There was no sign of any mould/mildew at all. Towels were provided which made for more space in the suitcases as I didnt have to pack any. Also bedding was included so that also saved space. The bedding was again lovely and very clean. They had even provided tea towels, like I said they had thought of everything.

I have been singing the praises of this bungalow to many family and friends, and have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone else. I will be booking to stay there again next year. We had a lovely week this year weather wise, but I am sure if the weather was bad we would have enjoyed it just as much.

Liked best: Everything.
Liked least: Nothing.
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
12 Sep 2013
Very nice review, but it doesn't appear online .Could you please check. Many thanks
Bgl1956
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent location, lovely garden, fairly good bungalow, comfy bed.”
Reviewed 6 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Excellent location for Heacham and Hunstanton, locals all friendly, lots of village walks around Heacham for us and our dog, dog friendly bungalow, lovely garden, quiet location, comfy bed, great conservatory, nice lounge and kitchen. Needs a wardrobe in the 2nd bedroom, bathroom needs some cleaning and re-grouting, shower poor pressure (low pressure light on) otherwise an excellent holiday home to enjoy a relaxing break.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, peace and quiet, layout and well furnished, garden.
Liked least: Bathroom: needs clean, re-grout and shower pressure poor.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with pets
17 Jul 2013
We welcome reviews as they help us to make Chloe's Retreat as comfortable as possible. An update - the silicone strip by the shower is being replaced on Sunday 21st July. There is nothing wrong with the grouting - it was the silicone strip. The low pressure light on the shower has been resolved. Closet space is available for use by the occupants of bedroom 2 in the hallway.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing