“Light, airy and comfortable.”
other travellers have booked this property
Bedroom 1 in ground floor apartment Exterior view
Hunstanton beach
Hunstanton beach
Heacham village green
Sunset at Heacham
Main bedroom with 6' double on request at least 7 days in advance.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

German first
Any
Jules678
“Light, airy and comfortable.”
Reviewed 18 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We enjoyed a lovely week at the Orange House flat.

The flat was supplied with everything needed for a comfortable break. Lovely and bright and fresh. The beds were very comfortable!

The shared garden (obvious from the website) was lovely, we sat out and ate lunch on the rare occasion we were there during the day.

My husband & I travelled with my elderly Mum who has limited mobility and she found that having everything on one level was really good.

Visited Norfolk Lavender and Sandringham, amongst others, Wells-on-Sea was really lovely a very pleasant few hours spent there.

Overall a very pleasant break in very pleasant accommodation.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The lovely peaceful location
Liked least: A wall mounted shower would be a great addition.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
19 Jun 2015
Thank you for your kind review Julie and I am so sorry about the missing earring, I will keep looking.
Maria M
London, United Kingdom
“Not what we had expected.”
Reviewed 29 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

Heacham is a lovely village and Orange House is in a good location. However, our stay was not satisfactory, our concerns were as follows:
Shared garden - This is not made clear on the website, had it been we would not have chosen to stay in the accommodation as we have two dogs. The shared garden forced us to keep both of our dogs in the flat rather than allowing them freedom to go outside.
Sound proofing with adjacent holiday let - This is totally inadequate, we could hear every word our neighbours said and their small baby crying at 5.30am every morning.
Fridge - Did not get cold.
DVD player - Intermittent fault while playing, causing the DVD to jump forward.
Bedroom carpets - Stained.
Lack of privacy - The owner, who lives in the adjoining house, walked straight into the flat early on Saturday morning without knocking. We found this very disconcerting, especially as my husband was not dressed.
General welcome and service - Our booking included two dogs, which the owners readily accepted. One of the dogs left a few very faint paw prints on: two throws, two cushions and a duvet cover (we kept them out of the bedrooms, but they sneaked in one morning). I wasn't particularly worried about the marks as they were few, very faint and would easily washout, and I presumed that all these items would be washed between guests. Therefore, I was completely taken aback when on the day of our departure I spoke to the owner on the phone and was accused of leaving the flat in a terrible state. When I asked for clarification she cited the throws, cushion covers and duvet, and the need to wash them. I found the owners comments, tone and attitude upsetting and offensive. My husband offered to give the owner money to cover any additional cleaning, but this was refused and he was told that we should keep our dogs in a cage. This was a very distressing end to a very mediocre self-catering weekend.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
4 May 2015
As visitors can see this is the only negative review we have had. I made a courtesy welcome visit to check everything was ok on Saturday, I did knock before entering and asked the guests to let me know If they had any problems over the weekend, at no time did they make any complaints. The cushion covers and throws all had to washed before the next guests arrived and I was disappointed that our guests had so little respect for our property particularly when I found muddy paw prints on the white bedding as I ask that dogs are confined to the living area. Altogether an unhappy experience all round for everyone concerned and sadly we won't be accepting dogs any more. I was unaware that there was a problem with the fridge until after they left, it has now been replaced and would have been at the time had they informed me.
Viv1935
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Great place tol stay.”
Reviewed 14 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

This holiday apartment is light & airy with large living room/kitchen, two nice bedrooms with very comfy beds.
An enclosed garden is a plus point for visitors with children or a dog.
Very handy for the beaches and Norfolk's places of interest.
Very good food at nearby pubs, and Sally's fish bar at Hunstanton serves really fresh fish with lovely crisp batter. !!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nothing cramped in this property well laid out.
Liked least: No shower screen/curtain.
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Cambridge
Reviewed 9 February 2012 for a stay in August 2011
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Older travelers
London
Reviewed 24 January 2012 for a stay in September 2011
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing