“Very poor”

Shop in the Square
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Cawsand
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very poor service today. Have been before and it was terrible but thought it was maybe just a one off....wrong! This time the portions have got even smaller and the prices have gone up. Grumpy staff and way over cooked chips. How do you get chips so wrong? Especially as you only get 10 to a box. I guess they just want to milk the tourist trade. Shame.

1  Thank takhu

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I note that you have had a string of reviewers since 2012 complaining about your poor attitude towards customers. I am going to add to that list.
We called in after a spectacular sunny walk around Rame Head. The teenage girl behind the ice cream counter was borderline passive aggressive with the way in which she decided to communicate with us. No "can I help you" or perhaps "that flavour is my favourite". To end it all, she threw the change into my hand.
I write very few comments on Trip Advisor, and this is the first poor one. I find it hard not to be encouraging even in the more dire of establishments, but this level of customer service seriously needs to be addressed. Sorry "Shop in the Square", but that's how it felt.

1  Thank Neil A
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Called in to buy Cornish Pasties to eat on Rames Head. They had just been delivered and were still warm delicious as was the Saffron Roll. The owner could not have been more helpful.

2  Thank Libby W
Reviewed 22 April 2018

We had an excellent Fish and Chip supper at a bench right overlooking the beach at Cawsand. The meal was freshly cooked for us (this took about ten minutes, but worth the wait). Good, friendly service and good food. We wanted the meal early, after a long walk, but noticed that the shop closed at 6pm so get there early!

1  Thank wembury406
Reviewed 30 September 2017

When you go to cornwall yuo have to try the traditional cornish pastie I tried serval the bast was in polperro on the carpark with big chunks of meat the worsed was this shop in cawsand's beautiful square we went to see the Morris dancing and the square was choco and this shop was making good money selling horrible pasties no meat to talk of and the cost was £3.60!!! rip off!!! the owners should realise that it is 2017 not 1950 when cornwall had a licence to print money!! as I was moaning to the wife about this pastie it started to rain so as we went back to the car and the pastie went in the bin!!