Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$171
View deal
Priceline
eDreamsUS$171
Agoda.comUS$170
Trip.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 June 2019 via mobile

Easy access. Good parking facilities. Comfortable room. Staff friendly. Bed is cosy. A bit hot due to the heat wave. Air condition could be better. Breakfast, nothing to complain. Great view from the terrace

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2019 via mobile

Right from the start Sessa Cousot at reception was brilliant. She was friendly and took her time to explain the area and offered me the free travel pass available to hotel guest. It was after I left and boarded my train that I realised I had left my rail pass behind. Sessa was amazing, she managed to find the pass and took a photo of it immediately so that I could show the inspector and then sent it to my next hotel, I received it the next morning. She was so responsive, friendly and helpful that I thought it deserved a mention. I would highly recommend this hotel because of her brilliant service and it’s located in the most gorgeous area! Big thank you!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Lyssikissy
Reviewed 17 May 2019 via mobile

We arrived early and were given a suite as upgrade which was very pleasant and of course roomy with a large lounge and kitchenette. You had a kettle to boil and only powdered milk sticks for tea. We didn't have a lake view but a street view and annoying shutters half open on the window making our room gloomy. Breakfast was Swiss style of cold meats, cheeses, breads, cereals and only Orange juice as juice. However breakfast is worth doing for the lovely terrace view over the lake. Evening meals are not done as we were told the restaurant closes at 6pm. There are however a few choices of places to eat along the street. The bed was comfortable and reception very helpful. To get there we caught the train to Territet station then turned right from the station and walked uphill for 450m. Outside the hotel is the bus stop that runs into the city every 10 mins. Tip if you have cases and are returning to the train station it is way easier to walk back downhill catch the train back to Montreux main station, about a 3 minute train ride as you get off on a platform where as if you catch the bus you are dropped off 3 terraces below the station and have to use escalators and stairs to the station at the top. Likewise finding the bus leaving the station you must go down to the street below. The Hotel gives you free transport city passes.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2019

Our room was great. The view over the lake was stunning. There were 2 chairs and a table on the balcony and the chairs were lovely and comfortable. Breakfast was good with bacon and egg as well as the stndard contimental. The continental was a very large range. We were disappointed that their restaurant closed at 6pm which meant we had to go out to eat. This was tricky as it seems that most places are closed on a Monday night. The full-sized kettle in the room was perfect. There was a good car-park underneath the hotel.

Room tip: ask for a room with a balcony and lake view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank grahamhF8024FY
Reviewed 22 March 2019

We stayed in this 'hotel' for 1 night in early March 2019. After a long drive from Bruges we were looking forward to a relaxing room in a 4 star hotel.
There was a garage with the usual barrier and ticket system. However we were fortunate to obtain a free overnight parking space opposite the rear of the 'hotel'. We entered the hotel through the garage. To get to reception we had to use two different lifts. The whole atmosphere made us feel uneasy. There was a smell which we could not place. Later we identified this as the same smell as that at my mother-in-laws care home.
At reception we were informed that there was no bar and no food or coffee available. This is 8 pm in Switzerland not Scotland!
The room and kitchen were ok.
In moving around the hotel we met people with zimmer's and others who welcomed us but had not fully comprehending looks on their faces. Many seemed to have memory lapses and appeared to be lost.
Next morning at breakfast most of the diners came from this group with only 2 other tables occupied by 'hotel' guests. I would guess there were 40-50 permanent residents of the care home present. Coffee and the toaster were kept behind a bar and the barman had to assist the residents. I would point out at this point we were not aware that it was a care home, only that something strange was going on.
At checkout we learned that the Bristol is actually a care home with some rooms allocated to guests.
Now I have nothing against elderly people, I am one myself. Nor am I against residents of care homes; as I said earlier my mother-in-law is one and we visit her weekly. However when I pay for a hotel I expect to stay in a hotel, not a care home with some spare rooms.
Of course if I had been informed of the situation and had continued with my booking that would have been fine but the the reality was kept hidden.
I informed the booking agent immediately but it is only now that I am back from holiday that I have been able to try to progress my complaint. To give the agent credit they immediately offered about 40% refund, in the form of a voucher. The Bristol has admitted the situation regarding the care home. They claimed that I had not paid for the parking when I did not use their parking!
The agent has now escalated the claim and I await the outcome before putting their name in the public domain.
Finally the booking agent seems not to have known about the situation. The hotel certainly did and put our health at risk. Everyone knows about the high level of risk of infection within a care home.

Room tip: Avoid this hotel unless you want to experience life in a care home.
Date of stay: March 2019