“Great pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2018

First the good: lovely staff, beautiful linens and tableware, very pretty restaurant. The Spritzers were perfect, the house wine perfectly good. The pizzas were huge (half came home), and delicious. My husband's panna cotta, whilst small, was exactly as it should be and attractively presented. My pud was dry and needed to be served with a small jug of cream or gelato but the price was taken off the bill so I have no complaints about that. From this description you'd expect the restaurant to receive 5 stars and it would have done except we had to endure 1 hour and 25 minutes of jazz piano. Relentlessly, without a break. On and on and on and on. I remember this restaurant playing a great mix of music, a bit of jazz, a bit of blues and a bit of everything else. What happened? We did ask the young waiter to change the music and as we were the only customers he had for almost the first hour we weren't being precious I didn't think, but he said he wasn't allowed. Also, the menu hasn't changed in years now. Not a bit of fish or seafood on it - except, strangely, you can have a seafood pizza but not a seafood pasta. In this day and age I find the lack of lighter dishes a bit disappointing. Not everyone wants to eat a heavy meal. We will go back to this restaurant because it's local to us and there's a lot to like about it and I just hope someone changes the music occasionally. The price for 2 Spritzers, a bottle of house red, two pizzas, one pudding and 2 coffees was 43 euros.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

This place should not exist. In the middle of nowhere and yet it is amazing. The best meal we have had in Tuscany ( Siena, Florence & Bagni di Lucca). The setting is wonderful, the presentation spectacular, the food " to die for" shared a pizza and I'd say it was good, but the we then had pumpkin ravioli wth cheese and spinach, pistachio ravioli stuffed with Gorgonzola and a Filet mignon. All amazing, all special and all with a presentation of the best Michelin 3 star restaurant. We will be back!!!

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

We were lucky to have Il Biribisso as our nearby restaurant. Lovely atmosphere, quality food and beautiful views.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We sat under the veranda, a nice spot, there is outside dining. We had passed by this restaurant a while back and noticed it had a good balance of fish and meat dishes. It was my wife's birthday and she is vegetarian so I thought we would be safe. Well that particular evening the secondi were all meat mainly beef. I had a fantastic T bone steak with lardo, and fresh rosmarino. It was cooked perfectly, tender and full of taste, one of the best steaks I have had. My wife had to make do with a primi a lovely pasta dish, but disappointed there was no vegetarian secondi option, maybe a nice fish dish ? We had the house wine which was nice. I would have given it 5 stars if they had a vegetarian option as a mains

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Wonderful "Fiorentina" t-bone, great wines a nice service all at a VERY reasonable price, make sure to check it...

1  Thank RSCLFan