“Perfect lunch”

Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I visited this restaurant with my wife and two other couples. We were staying in a picturesque villa situated in the hills close to Bagni di Lucca and were looking for a suitable place to have lunch. This restaurant was very busy and was being used by locals which was a good sign.We were presented with a comprehensive menu in Italian and attempted to translate it using modern technology but failed and resorted to asking the staff who were happy to explain the dishes.
We decided to eat from the set menu which cost €11 per person and included 1/4 litre of wine each. We all chose separate starters and all were plentiful and tasty and included the gnocchi, vegetable soup ( which included pasta and was finished off with Parmesan) creamy crab and pasta and the ravioli. The bread was very good and was crusty and fresh.
For mains, most of our party chose the sea bream with scalloped style potatoes which they all enjoyed. I went for a slice of breadcrumb coated beef with mixed vegetables which was pleasant.
The service was steady and friendly. My only complaint was that the staff were a bit precious in handing out the wi Fi code which we never received despite many requests!

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Step back in time with Byron,Shelly and the Barrat Brownings.
Excellent food and great service..
Try the home made ravioli...delicious.
One of the best and inexpensive meals I have had in Italy.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely food and great wine, good prices too. We ate there twice actually as it was so reasonable.
Would recommend and go back myself again

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

A lovely, local restaurant in the beautful town of Bagni Di Lucca. Relaxed atmosphere, good service, great food and wine!

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

We decided to attend following great online review and we certainly weren’t disappointed. We asked our hotel concierge to book for us and when arriving at the restaurant they knew instantly knew who we were, the lovely waiters showed us straight to our reserved table and was brought a complimentary drink. This made us feel very special :)
The 2 of us shared bruschetta to start, both had the truffle tagliatelle for main and shared the cheese (from the starters list) for desert.
I can honestly say it was the best truffle pasta I’ve ever had and I told the waiter this!
The sunset could just about be seen and was totally beautiful.
With a bottle of prosecco and water the whole meal came to €80 which we feel was an absolute bargain!
Would 100% recommend a visit (booking before hand) and always ready planning our return lunch visit