“Dinner”

Ranked #6 of 52 Restaurants in Santa Elena
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Tico-Mex: A Unique blend of Tex-Mex spice and local fresh ingredients. Great food does not have to come from great distances. Take what you love and make it with what you have! Our Commitments: Fresh food prepared when you order! Local ingredients whenever possible! Small foot print! Good social stewardship! Competitive employment opportunities, and excellent customer service! We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our products! If we don't meet your expectations, please let us know and we make it right! Big Food! Big Love!
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Yummy food, super yummy frozen lemonade and reasonable price in Monteverde! It was really delicious!

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1 755)

43 - 47 of 1 755 reviews

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We ate there three times. I'm a vegetarian and my husband is not. We were both thrilled with the food, drinks, service, and ambiance. The ingredients are fresh. We ordered various tacos which all come out in a basket with a fine, flavorful salsa and tortilla chips. The tempura avocado was excellent as was the other vegetarian taco. We sat outside on the balcony twice, looking at trees and watching the local dogs happily trot down the dirt road below. For drinks I usually had one of their fruit smoothies and my husband enjoyed a margarita. Perfect!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Lovely the food we had here it’s all fresh and full of flavour. The meals are good sized and the variety is good. Gluten frees, vegans, dairy frees can all find something here. Service probably could have been a little friendlier and more informative.

I had the tempura avo burrito. The menu said add portabello mushrooms to any order. I did it cost me an extra 1500c which wasn’t stated plus at the end they add on an extra 23% so the meal which was a decent price becomes expensive real fast.

Date of visit: September 2018
ShannonS3064, Owner at Taco Taco, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

The menu offers a substitute of mushrooms for any protein to satisfy vegetarians at no cost. If you add mushrooms there is an additional cost.

The 23% added at the end of your bill is government mandated 13% Sales tax and a 10% mandatory gratuity. It is clearly itemized on your bill and stated on the menu. Adding the items at the end of the bill ensures that we are transparent in our accounting a prevents tax fraud. Our hope is to be good stewards to our community and also offer a fair market price for a great product. Other restaurants may include the tax amount on the menu price but without transpancy the consumer has no clarity and no comparison to understand true market value. They assume taxes are paid but there is no paper trial to ensure this assumption. Costa Rica charges 13% to consumers for purchases and there is a 10% mandatory gratuity for employees in the service industry. These are all the responsibility of every consumer, resident or visitor. Taco Taco does not receive even 1 penny from this 23% and anyone who does not show a clearly itemized receipt is withholding these taxes from the government. We are stewards, nothing more.

Please know that our 100% satisfaction guarantee applies to everything. If we did not satisfy you for any reason, even price, the meal is on us.

Shannon- owner and responsible member.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

We came here for lunch after zip lining, we were all starving. Appetizers came out quickly and were crazy tasty. Tacos were delicious, I wish I could have gone back again before leaving, there was so much on the menu

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Great place to grab a bite to eat! I love that any option can be made into a vegetarian one with portobello mushrooms. I always get the Baja Avocado, it is delicious. I also enjoy the drink menu, my favourite is the lemonade (add the booze, you won’t regret it).

I definitely recommend this place! Go during the afternoon, nighttime, or as a pre-bar place to hangout.