“Great Place”

Ranked #14 of 52 Restaurants in Santa Elena
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Bar Amigos Monteverde, Best Party Place in Towm Restaurant servive live Music
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Food Was Very Good
Beer Was Cold
Beef Nachos one of the best in all of costa rica
Good Prices
Highly reccomend

Reviewed 16 April 2018

This is the (only) big gathering place in central Santa Elena. When i have been there it starts getting busier as hiking groups show up with their guides. It is interesting as people relax after a satisfying outdoor session. I found their menu one of the most varied and reasonable in the area, with good portions for hungry hikers or appies for sharing. Wish I could be there once when live music was happening.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Well, we found this review on pinterest, and we weren't let down. The food was very very reasonable, and the food was amazing! The first night we had the steak with gravy and mushrooms, it was delishous, alongside it were mashed potatoes, and mixed vegetables. We liked it so much we went back the next night and had the casado!!!!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We came for a drink - was ok. Large place with a few people in it early evening. Hard to imagine it gets busy. Felt very American in terms of look and feel.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

During my stay in Santa Elena, I went to Bar Amigos a few times. The drinks were cheap and the fries were the best fries I had during my stay in Costa Rica. The trick to getting more alcohol for your money is the bartender. My favorite was the older gentleman. The dancing was fun and there was karaoke on Wednesday night - it seems like that’s the time to go. Definitely worth checking out!