“Put my stuff in the garbage”

Tree House Restaurante & Cafe
Ranked #12 of 52 Restaurants in Santa Elena
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Costa Rican, Peruvian, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At the Tree House we offer a unique ambiance, we have a huge ficus tree in the middle of the restaurant.Our menu has many options, from snacks, beer and cocktails to a complete diner with a great wine.Our coffee is very special, one the best coffees in Costa Rica, we roast it ourselves and have 4 great Baristas who will make a perfect coffee, you will get incredible latte art! Our staff is very friendly. We really care about customers, so if you have any issues at the restaurant please work it out with us and we promise we will give you a satisfying solution! Thanks!
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

I went to the restroom and asked for the check. When I returned to my table my last piece of pizza was thrown in the garbage, along with the artisanal hot sauce I brought. Que feo!

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (3 095)

28 - 32 of 3 096 reviews

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Service was bad. Food was not as good as what you can eat elsewhere in half the price. We regret choosing this place for lunch

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

The environment is beautiful. Our service was mediocre. I ordered the shrimp curry and it had a burnt taste. As I was eating the meal a bug crawled out of the rice. I called the waiter over to show him and asked to send it back. He said that being under the tree that it must of fallen from there and he would not take it back. He then said if it was already in the rice it would have been cooked. I was blown away by his response. Others shared their food was not very good either. Alcoholic beverages were very sweet.

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Live music easy to get table as low season
Good service
Nice food
Reasonable price for Costa Rica
Great restaurant built round tree
Loved fairy lights

Reviewed 8 September 2018

You just can't deny that it's fun to be inside a tree! Drinks and food are a bit over priced, but the live music was great and again, you're in a tree!

Date of visit: August 2018