“Great little find away from the main area of town”
Review of The Open Kitchen

The Open Kitchen
Ranked #18 of 47 Restaurants in Santa Elena
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Description: The Open Kitchen is located at the heart of Santa Elena / Monteverde and offers a variety of fresh / farm to table dishes such as: Couscous, Falafel, Sahwarma, Hamburger, Fish and Chips, Hummus, Kebab as long as many Vegi options. At the restaurant tickets are offered to different activities in the area (Zip lines, Coffee and Night Tour etc').
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Found this by accident as walked out the main area and there this modern cafe was. The interior is very well done and very open and airy.
We stopped for lunch the chilli con carne which was specially day was excellent my husband said and I had a chicken sandwich which was a chicken breast grilled with fresh tomato cucumber etc deicious.
Ordered the homemade lemonade with mint ( it is as can watch himself it ) and it was very refreshing and tasty.
After we came in the place rapidly filled up so felt sorry for the waiter as it was only him and the female chef working but they did not panic and coped well

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

I visited this restaurant today. I was impressed with the freshness and the flavors. I am vegetarian. I had falafel and eggplant. Both the dishes were delectable. Most of all, I was delighted with the friendly customer service by Brandon. I would definitely refer this restaurant to anyone who visits this town!

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

I ordered the Falafel and it was unbelievable. It took some time for the food to come but it was worth the wait with the food being very fresh. Definitely recommend to anyone who is vegetarian.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

6 of us stopped for a delicious lunch following zip wire antics. Fresh lemonade, delicious falafel and salad and a game of chess in a modern and smartly designed, open environment. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I chose this restaurant because the menu board out front telegraphed familiar organic California style food. I was correct in my surmise of the food but I also discovered that the design of the tables, chairs and the restaurant was quite unusual, esp. for this location. The owner, who seemed to appreciate that I recognized his desgin work is about to start on a bed and breakfast for back packers. Stay tuned!