“Amazing meal”

The Saracens Head Inn Restaurant
Price range: US$13 - US$28
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We ate here whilst staying at another hotel in the area. If the food is anything to go by we're staying here next time! The evening meal was absolutely delicious it was far above and beyond what we were expecting. We both had the beef fillet which was served very artisticly and was cooked to perfection. I then had the rhubarb and custard which was so light and tasty nothing like I remember rhubarb and custard! Would definitely recommend eating here even if you are not staying here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 283)

27 - 31 of 1 284 reviews

Reviewed 17 May 2018

My wife and I had our evening meal here and the food was amazing the service was first rate and the staff were friendly. If your the area of Symonds Yat we can highly recommend this restaurant

Reviewed 16 May 2018

I took my Mum for lunch. It was reasonably busy. Service was excellent - staff very approachable and the food was very well done. One of the staff also runs the hand-pulled ferry every half hour or so.You get time to think and eat at a leisurely pace - don't be in a rush if you eat here - food is cooked just for you, not kept stewing. Nice cool music played for a nice ambience overall.
Will definitely return.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Realised when we popped in the day before that you need to book so booked for the following day (a Sunday). Arrived early and were shown a reserved car parking space (real bonus of booking otherwise likely to have to go to the paying car park!). Greeted with a welcoming smile and shown straight away to our table. I choose the Welsh roast beef and my partner the Haddock and Chips. Both meals were lovely. The lady serving us was very friendly and knowledgeable about the beer. The food is cooked as ordered so nothing reheated. Vegetables cooked just right! The Croissant Bread and butter pudding was a real treat for dessert! Highly recommended but do book!

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Food was ok, considering we arrived very early, we had a couple of drinks, were told food was served 6:30, however didn't warn us booking was required.

Bar food was ok, place is overrated.

1  Thank tripreviewer2018