All reviewsincredible hotelpropertyairportlocationmenorca
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Every detail has been considered at this beautiful hotel. Located in the centre of Mahon, Casa Telmo is a beautiful boutique hotel with only 5 rooms. If you’re considering staying here, you’d be wise to book early. The interior design is incredible. I found myself taking photos of everything, from the electronic lock on the front door to the retro styled electrics around the hotel.

I had the smallest room in the hotel located in the eaves of the building but there was still plenty of space and again they considered the layout very carefully to make best use of the space. There’s a large complimentary breakfast and the owner/managers went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. They booked taxis for me and at one point they actually drove me somewhere themselves (this was an emergency situation though).

The only unfortunate thing during my stay was the weather and it rained for one and half days of my weekend stay. Luckily the room had Netflix so there was something to keep me occupied whilst I waited out the rain. Another bonus was the A/C also had heating so when it got a little cold in my room I was able to turn on the heating.

Really enjoyable trip and will be returning to Casa Telmo again for sure.

Room Tip: Try to book early.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Casa Telmo is the kind of hotel I seek out - beautiful design, small, affordable, unique, friendly, comfortable, chic and the list goes on. Upon arriving I was in love with the interior design, every detail was perfect. Also, the owner, Benito, who greeted us upon arrival was so friendly and made us feel like we were at home. I was also in love with his French Bulldog who happily greeted me each time I came back to the hotel. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable, and there is a gorgeous little garden patio to enjoy the delicious (free) breakfast each morning. I would absolutely stay here again next time I'm in Minorca!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017

What is Casa Telmo? Is it an apartment rental? If so, then it's easily one of the nicest I've ever been to. The decor and design are nothing short of incredible and the room we stayed in (I believe M), was enormous. The bathroom was beautiful and potentially one of the nicest I've seen in any vacation rental anywhere. The aroma of sandalwood permeated the building and all I could think as we toured the property was that I wanted to live in a place like this one day. Its beautiful outdoor space and great location in the heart of central Mahon could not be beat.

But if Casa Telmo is a B&B or Hotel, then it's got some serious service issues. They're easy to fix but huge. First off- after my girlfriend booked the room, we were given no instructions other than the location. What we didn't know was that it was on a street that is regularly inaccessible to car traffic. There was parking a few blocks away, but no one told us. We spent an hour trying to get in front of the hotel then gave up and parked far away. After walking over without our bags we spent 20 minutes looking for it. The place is unmarked and there is no clear buzzer to get in. Given the incredibly meticulous design, this seems like a huge oversight. The only reason we succeeded in getting in was that the manager happened to hear us in front of the door our third time around. He finally gave us an idea of where to park and we relocated our car from there, but did not offer to help us with our bags, either bringing them from the lot or up the stairs. Again- were this an apt rental, I'd know that we were on our own for this type of stuff, but at a hotel with stairs, you'd expect to get an offer of assistance. Ultimately what should have been a 10 min ride from the airport to the hotel and another 10 to get settled took us close to two hours.

Throughout our stay, we continued to run into little issues of this nature that surprised and annoyed us. These ranged from minor things like the managers not knowing basics about the island like when festivals were or whether we could do laundry at the hotel (we eventually found out we could, which they kindly did for us), to major ones like them pre-billing us without our authorization.

I want to be clear- I don't think the people at Telmo were at all malicious or uncaring. They certainly helped w the laundry and a restaurant reservation or two. But they do need work out a few kinks...

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Incredible hotel, every detail is carefully taken care of with immense taste.The room was spacious, clean and tasteful - and the service was friendly and attentive. The location is right in the middle of Mahon, 10 min walk to the port. Specially loved breakfasts in the garden, so peaceful. Can't recommend it enough for a unique experience.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 27 July 2017

We decided to stay in Mahon for five nights. Chose to stay on this side of the island because this B&B seemed like the most beautiful and typical place to stay. It exceeded all our expectations. The decor there is the most immaculate and coolest I have seen throughout all my travels. The attention to detail is second to none. We stayed in the suite and it was great value for money with one of the most romantic setting my boyfriend have ever stayed in. The breakfast served in the morning is just as wonderful with a choice of fresh local produce. Our hosts were lovely, thoughtful and very open to sharing tips. They have recommended restaurants for all our meals on the island as well as the best beaches and secret spots - all of it was faultless. If you like beautiful interior I cannot recommend enough.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple