All reviews junior suite beach club amazing spa business trip touch screen new building service was impeccable i highly recommend this hotel spa facilities second to none cycling trip my favorite turn down service lunch or dinner talented chef hotel restaurant high quality
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

The Restaurant See Spitz is just on the lake with amazing view on the Woerthersee. You cannot miss it in Velden. The meal is very good and service excellent. When the weather is sunny, ask a table on the huge terrace, it is like you are having lunch or dinner on the lake. You will surely enjoy it as we did, even for business.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Service service service AWFUL NOT 5 STAR HOTEL

Booked parking outside hotel confirmed via email then sent to garage in supercars

Breakfast service a JOKE waited 45minutes for two poached eggs

10 people in our party and it was like we took them by surprise each morning

Beach Club service one person Stefan the only one that seemed to serve us with any speed

This hotel has gone SERIOUSLY down hill

Rooms dated

Very very disappointing will not be including it on any future trips

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Dermot H
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

First of all, I was a little bit shocked about the recent accumulation of low point ratings from several users.
So, let me put this as clear as possible: The Schloshotel Velden fulfills the five star category in every way and despite the bad weather we had a tremendous stay there.
However, there are some minor issues which I'd like to post here:

- lost in luxury: in one review it was mentioned, that he/she wasn't told that there's a beach club... well, there are clear signs showing you the directions, but it's true that the staff (or the smart TV in the room) should be more eager about informing the guests of the infrastructure. E.g., we almost missed that there's private men/ladies spa area with a hot tub and sauna. Moreover, this point should also indicate that during our stay the hotel was merely undermanned... guestwise. Maybe this was also due to the bad weather, but at some points we felt like being one of 20 pax staying here.

-defective by design: if you look at pics from the interior, you may find the design courageous, since this 80ties Trump (dark) marble style is currently not en vogue. But as always you can't argue about taste and at least the total impression is conclusive. However, the combination with the "SmartHotel" makes some troubles: First, I don't want to fiddle around the drawers just to find panels (!) to turn the light on. Why can I not use the switches at the lamps? Well...mark the first three words of this paragraph: the (designer) lamp is crooked, the knob almost falls off and diming the light yields a stroboscopic effect. And there are
plenty of other such design/architectural fails. Even the complete arrangement of the hotel is questionable: why is it necessary to walk through the complete hallway passing reception and underground parking in your bath suit to get from your room to the spa?

Finally, its time to list some positive points too:
+ the service was very friendly, courteous and professional
+ the "beach club" (= lake access) is remarkable!
+ the spa area is one word: vast!
+ the historic manor and general velden-ambient with the casino

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Bad experience started when they gave us ground floor room with others watching you from the opposite building and where curtains must be shut all day long.
We asked to move us with sea view room. It was in the old building. Receptionist asked me to pay €150 a day for the old rundown room with dirty stain sofa bed and old windows with old paint.
We were exhausted and in hurry to get for dinner and had to take that room. They agreed it’s wouldn’t cost us extra. Hotel is listed 5*. They don’t provide evening service to make a bed and change towels. When I asked why they don’t provide service they told me that it was red light near my door and I didn’t require service. Which was a lie. Awful smell of urine in the shower.
Receptionist came to the room without permission and I was half naked which was shocking and I was speechless.
Reception staff is terribly unfriendly.
Bell boy parked my car and didn’t put a brake, when sat in the car and wanted to drive car started to move and I almost had a car crash.
This morning I saw people are sleeping in the lobby which was shocking too.
I’m providing picture of our bed experience

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
6  Thank Sightseer779257
Reviewed 3 August 2018

My friend and I stayed at this hotel while on a biking trip and agreed it lived up to its advance booking at a 5 star hotel. Our spacious room overlooked beautifully landscaped grounds on the side opposite the lake. Service was attentive, the rooms sumptuous, and all the many things available to do in the town and around the lake just a short walk away. This hotel uses what, at the time of installation, was state-of-the-art touchpad controls for lights, curtains, and maid service but which now is a bit dated and a bit hard to sort out. Hint: one set of controls is in the bedside table top drawer. Breakfast was amazing with a huge spread along with the option to dine al fresco overlooking the lake. We also ate at the hotel restaurant overlooking the lake and highly recommend that experience. Velden is a very crowded tourist town so it was nice to hide out in our hotel sanctuary.

Room tip: The main building seems preferable to an older side building.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
DirMarx, Geschäftsführer at Falkensteiner Schlosshotel Velden, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear Intepid_Judy,

thank you very much for taking the time to post your lovely feedback. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we have been able to satisfy your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit to Velden.

Warm regards