We were 8 guys booked all home for 2 days, we expect to loose ourself and it happened with greatest hospitality from host Megha and Shanthi mam.
The food was extremely great - had chicken gravy with fish fry along with rice balls. From all of the food tasted in different hotels at madikere- the dinner at stay was great and tummy friendly.
Went along the homestay for more than 3 km,s accompanied by blacky- the most welcoming pet.love to be back again in the coolest season.
Located 6kms away from Madikeri..has very good connectivity to all the tourist spots..peaceful place!!..Nice place for family friends and couples to chill out.Very well maintained home..Very beautiful coffee plantation right in front the home.Thanks to Prakash uncle and Ramji for their wonderful gesture through out our stay.Breakfast was good.Overall a very good experience through out our stay here... Looking forward to visit again !!
Coorg is Scotland of India and Mitra Homestay is the perfect place to stay and experience nature and the bounties of Mother Earth. I was lucky to spot the place on TA . The place is only 6 kms from the Madikeri Town and tucked away in a small lane by the highway. The hosts are extremely helpful and we had a really great time enjoying the warm hospitality and great food at the Homestay.
1. We arrived with our parents on 25th Jan, right from our first interaction , we had a great feeling about the place, our hosts were very kind and welcoming and the discussions and talks were great as well .
2. Did I mention the food was just too awesome ( all the credit to Megha ) - especially the pandi curry :p.
3. The scenery inside the coffee plantation, the morning walks, the sounds of birds and the smell of coffee - absolutely scenic and meditative
4. Blacky - the most awesome pet who will keep you entertained
Improvements needed :
1.Shelves to keep towels and stuff.
2.Towels were new and threads were sticking, blankets need to be bigger
3.You can probably add carrom and indoor games for engagement because that is not available at the place.
4. Rooms were not cleaned on the next day - services need better care.
Note :- There would be no phone network,so plan accordingly
Overall,We would love to visit again with our friends and hopefully stay for a much longer duration.
Thank you so much for your hospitality :)
It was an amazing experience..starting from the place to ambiance,hosts,food. It was a great way to celebrate the new year, with bonfire and Megha's awesome food. A nice sit out at the backyard with the view of plantation where you can enjoy your morning coffee as well as evening drink :) :) Lush green lanes for your morning stroll.
Would love to visit again...Thanks Megha.
Only drawback is that there wont be any network reception for Airtel and Vodafone users.