US$271
US$173
US$330
US$300
Agoda.com
All reviewsbeautiful viewtwo single bedshot waternational parkhill overlookingone nightlake mburoprivate showerwheel drivenearby villagesteep roadenjoy the viewsoupself containedself drivingtented lodgesafari tent
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Mburo Eagles Nest is located on top of a hill right outside of the Lake Mburo National Park. With its rich surrounding nature, the view from the lodge is purely stunning. Even at night, if the sky is clear the stars are endlessly counted.
The service was also great! The staffs were all friendly and willing to help.
We stayed in a tent with beds, which had enough blankets to warm us up in the chilly morning.
The food provided was not the best, however good enough to fuel you for the day.
Overall really enjoyed staying at the Eagles Nest, and would recommend!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2017

I spent here two nights
Pros:
- safari tent was spacious (this is a tent but there is permanent construction for bathroom and roof)
- you could open the front "door" and side windows and have mosquite net in place.
- mattress was good
- bathroom was spacious and a handheld shower head is a definitely good thing as you can wash yourself properly
- water pressure was surprisingly good and hot water came quickly
- using solar energy to heat water
- offering cold fruit juice at arrival
- friendly service
- possibility to have your clothes washed (mine were washed really quickly and packed afterwards way more neatly than I ever could have).
- to have a cold beer after safari :)
- you can lock both ends of the tent (you can open the back if you want to go to toilet as the bathroom is behind the tent).
- terrace with two chairs and view to valley
- this place help local communitiexs by procuring supplement (e.g. food) from them

To improve:
- tap in the bathroom is very short and pointing downwards so it's a bit difficult to wash your hands and face as hands keep on hitting the sink
- I had the first tent to the left of the main building (if you're facing away from the building) and the corner of the land when accessing the tent was in quite poor shape. There is quite steep and long fall down if you slip.
- there was no light in the path to tent (it was close to main building though) but headlight was really needed due to darkness during evening.
- dinner is served only at 19:30 which is a bit late for me but understandable as people are coming from safaris
- there is a fixed menu (good or bad?)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2017

This was our last night out finishing up our 3 weeks of self driving in Uganda. We stayed at 3 of their lodges. I liked the other 2 better. Over all we found the people not as friendly here. We also had something strange happen. When my husband first went to the tent, 2 employees had carried our luggage ahead of him to the tent., when my husband walked in on them one of the guys had unzipped his suitcase and was zipping it back up. The other guy left and I passed him on my way to the tent and he had his head down and did not say a word to me. At the time I thought that was strange, but maybe it had something to do with my husband suitcase. We did not drive into the park, because we had spent so much time in other parks and we just wanted to relax and enjoy the view. Would I stay here again? Not sure! It was a long drive just to spend the night and not visiting the park.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 6 June 2017

The drive up was a little intense but worth it once you get to the top and overlook the park. The service was very friendly and accommodating and our tent was simple but clean. The only thing that wasn't great was the food, but it was okay.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Okay, so I haven't stayed at EVERY place in Uganda, but this has got to be towards the top. It's an absolutely adorable accommodation, and is easily my favorite place to stay in Uganda. You sleep in your own private tent which includes two beds, mosquito nets, an electric outlet, and your own semi-private shower. I say semi-private because the shower is technically outside, but it's surrounded by three walls and the backside of your tent. There is an outdoor (but covered) restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as a bar. But the best part is the view. This place sits on top of a hill overlooking Mburo Lake National Park, and it is a breathtaking view. Can't recommend this place enough.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo