All reviewsfish eaglesindian oceanscuba divinghigh tidefood was greatheaven on earthoff the beaten trackbeautiful locationamazing placethree weekscoastal forestrelaxed placeprivate beachperfect place to relaxgreat hostsmany waysbeautiful sunrise
Reviewed 20 February 2018

If you are looking for an unspoiled piece of Swahili coastline, this is it. FEP is simple, but offers all commodities you may need as well as owners and staff who will look after you making you feel at home. We had a beautiful banda, which could not be closer to the sea front. There was even a minor "prison" to lock up your partner, disobedient children or more often your valuables. Life is easy. You do not need yoga to get into a transcendental state. Tea is served at your door step and breakfast, lunch and dinner in the restaurant. However you have to walk yourself. Food, cleanliness and service is very good. Several marine activities are offered as well as a pool. We were unlucky and had a constant wind and rather rough sea. Still we enjoyed our stay tremendously and we would have loved to extend our stay at least one more week. The lodge seems to be well known among expatriates, but less so by tourists from abroad - yet. Regarding value for money, you will not find any place remotely comparable to Fish Eagle Point!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2018

My daughter and her family stayed for a week at Fish Eagle and it proved to be the perfect place for us all. Our private banda had its own beach and the sound of waves lulled us to sleep. We loved the simplicity of it all with a trip on the dhow, building sandcastles, swimming, walks on the beach at low tide from one cove to the next and lunch each day on the covered jetty. But what made the week exceptional was the generosity of Cathy, Steve and son Simon who welcomed us into their place for Fish Eagle Point is not just a lodge but a place we called home for the week we were there. Many thanks to them. I know my daughter and family who live in Tanzania plan to come back. I hope to as well some day. Couldn't recommend it more highly.

Room Tip: Rooms on the beach side are fabulous
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Great place, great hosts , great accommodation (family one) , beautiful scenery, away of everything. Good food. Only one "but". we were there during strong winds most of the time. combined with capricious tides (especially low). It stopped us to do as much as we had hopped for (scuba diving, fishing and to some extent snorkelling were all compromised) Nevertheless, despite the bad luck with the weather, we got the best out of this wonderful place. We wish to thank Simon and his family again and again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2018

We stayed at FEP in the hermit suite after climbing Kilimanjaro, the location is beautiful being right on the ocean and our suite had its own private beach. Cathy and her family were very friendly. accommodating and made sure we were taken care of. Highly recommended for a relaxing break.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2017

I enjoyed a fantastic stay with my family here for four days. The location of this place is absolutely amazing, crystal clear water and perfect water for snorking around the nearby corals. beautiful natural landscape among the mangroves. great food and great hospitality. But the most amazing thing is the hospitality of the famliy team running this place, making sure 24/7 that you are hapoy. As I was driving by car back to my home, 400 km from this place, my car went bust 100 k away from fish eagle, the team sent out mechanics and drivers to help me. i cannot express my gratitude enough to this team that will make sure its clients come home safely. thanks to simon and his team.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family