“A totally chilled and delicious lunch. Relaxed with super fresh fish and sea food. Lovely staff and the best location.”
Review of Muisbosskerm

Muisbosskerm
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Lamberts Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2023 via mobile

Totally unique venue with really delicious local food. Very relaxed. Don’t expect silver service here. Take your mussel shells and dig in!

Date of visit: April 2023

Reviewed 23 April 2023 via mobile

Good experience and one I have been looking forward to for years. Lots of seafood; most prepared around the fire. Very little communication from management though. Best seafood was cooked right at the end and would have loved to have known about this beforehand. Also, it was bitterly cold on the night we went and I would have appreciated a blanket of sorts - even if I had to pay a deposit.

Date of visit: April 2023
Reviewed 20 March 2023 via mobile

Excellent experience. Food was good an plentiful.
Service and friendliness probably not the best I've seen. Nonetheless an experience everyone who loves dining out should have.

Date of visit: March 2023
Reviewed 12 March 2023 via mobile

I gave a generous 3, because the experience was in fact disappointing, but there is a variety of food on offer. Third time I visited Muisbosskerm- was one of the very first patrons back in its brilliant heyday, and also a couple of years ago. No atmosphere, no welcome, a struggle to pay your bill, no direction, no indication of when service starts, no labelling of fish or any other food on offer. Too many smoked fish and not enough fresh. The smoked snoek was dry as a bone. In fact, the fish was overcooked in general. The bread was not remotely of the quality I remember. Fortunately, maybe, as one tended to overeat on that! A “paella” so overcooked it was hard to believe. A pot full of mussels which did not open when cooked and therefore should not have been served. Saw some people being served crayfish, but no idea how they managed to order some. No working lights in the toilets, thank heavens for cellphones. Very uncomfortable benches, skew. But the clincher for me was when I asked the owner what happened to the vast volume of leftover fish. Answer: you refresh it with some butter, stick it in the oven and serve it again! The thought of all the patrons milling about, touching, sneezing and coughing over the open buffet, the food which we ate, made our stomaches turn and I could not help but wonder about the fate of all the “potjies”. Back in the freezer? A definite nope from me.

Date of visit: March 2023
Reviewed 20 February 2023 via mobile

We were so excited to secure a booking for this well publicised and oft discussed venue. While the food was plentiful and varied, (possibly too plentiful and too varied?) the quality of some dishes did not “hit the spot”. My highlights were the corn on the cob and the 2 potato dishes! Even the crayfish, ordered as an extra, did not meet expectations. However, overall we were glad we made the journey!

Date of visit: February 2023