Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Anahi C

Super hotel !

Review of Casa De Playa
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Mar 2018via mobile
We had a four day stay in this hotel. Great staff. The rooms are very pretty and comfortable. Overall there is plenty of staff ready to help out. The restaurant has a very comprehensive menu and the food was great ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Date of stay: March 2018
  • ZenHotels.com
    R 892
2.9 km from Casa De Playa
Free parking
Contact accommodation for availability.
3.3 km from Casa De Playa
    R 1 285
2.1 km from Casa De Playa
Beachfront
View more hotels in Mancora
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this small family-owned & run hotel for 4 weeks, a winter sun change from Goa. Our panorama room was large and airy with a good-sized balcony with lots of seating and a hammock. The room had a flat panel TV, fridge and electronic safe. The two fans were fine and we did not miss air-con. The hotel had many plusses: friendly owner and staff (especially Milton); great attention to daily cleaning even of common parts; well-prepared food; virtually no insect life. We are not huge fish-eaters and the hotel went out of its way to source extra meat options for us. Although we experienced only one power cut, unusually for a hotel of this size it has its own standby generator. The hotel does lunch but, for a change, there are a couple places to walk to along the beach although, going north, care must be taken at high tide. The main disappointment for us was the absence of good sea-swimming which we considered unsafe because of the many submerged rocks into which you could be pushed by the strong surf.
We had a very pleasant time here and it is ideal for those seeking a quiet, relaxed holiday. The owner, Tati, speaks excellent English. Other staff only Spanish.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Spent 9 nights in Casa de Playa.We arrived Airport Tumbes,the taxi we booked,not there!We took new taxi,arrived hotel 11 oclock evening.Nobody,all closed,except 1 security man.We took alone our suitcase to room,many steps,...in room no TV,no refrigerator,..Safety box closed(not working)so we slept all money,passports,...out.For 4 star hotel think not usual.Next day check in only,and breakfast for 9 days:1 juice(pineapple or papaya),one egg and 3 slices of bread with strawberry jam,same for 9 days.no fruit,no change of breakfast:same every day:1 day i asked for 1 more egg,they charge!!!!!!!i thought was a joke.Also all they provide very bad:matress in room i hurt my back,saw a doctor for medecine,..the owner told me to make exercise,to stretch:travelling a lot,also many hotels in PEROU,Lima,...it was an answer from the owner to me,i never expected.All they use in hotel low cost,from shampoo to matress,..Service also not the best.If you like dogs,in that place you like.24 hours you will hear dogs noice,3 dogs from the boss,and sometimes attacking customer,no joke.Finally for check-out (we booked till 5.9 included,cause we left 4.9 at 17.00,they not clean the room,not change towel,...only wait we left!!!)they also not helped for carry luggage,...The only positive thing in that period is that the place(room,around)is very clean,and safe.Will never return.Egg during 9 days,never change,same war.Internet slow or non existant.Poor experience

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 665dascha
Reviewed 23 July 2016

I got a room with a view of the ocean, along with a nice terrace. A bit pricey for a short stay but it was very nice. The food was pricey, maybe they could get more variety on their menu too. Service seemed good, and they had a security guard at the entrance.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
tatidelcarpio, Gerente at Casa De Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Thank you very much for your kind review. The opinion of our guests is very important to us and we are always working to create the best experiences . We hope to have you stay with us again soon! Enjoy!

Reviewed 4 May 2016

I'm writing this review on my last night at Casa de Playa and I only wish I was able to stay longer (my duration here was 4 days and 3 nights). Casa de Playa was paradise after flying from Los Angeles with a stop-over to Lima then an hour car ride from Talara. During the car ride, which Tati (the owner) helped coordinate for me, I kept wondering if we were going the correct way as there was nothing but brown and rocky hillside all around. After an hour - we finally got to Casa de Playa and it was literally a sight for sore eyes - the grounds are amazing. It just screamed relaxation and stress-free. During my stay here, the whole staff could NOT have been nicer, especially as they all only spoke Spanish (please don't let that deter you from staying here as everyone was still super friendly and helpful to me) and I tried to communicate with them using the words I retained from my High School Spanish class. Nellie (the front desk person), Bruno (the server who helped me throughout my whole stay) and Ceasar (the security guard) were all wonderful and they went out of their way to help me with everyone, including when I was requesting for a toothpick and no one had a clue what I was asking for.

I picked Casa de Playa because of all the great reviews and it didn't disappoint at all. I went in knowing it was away from the main town of Mancora but I didnt' care. In fact I like that it was away from the hustle and bustle. If I wanted to go to town, it was only 5 soles via the tuk-tuk/motor bike.

The beach was literally steps away from your room. I loved taking a nap on my hammock or by the water and hearing the waves at night. Food was a bit pricey in comparison to the prices in town but still good.

If there was something I'd say to help make the place better, I would recommend putting locks in the sliding doors in the rooms. With that said, I never felt unsafe - their backyard was the water with massive waves and rocks (FYI - beach is rocky), they have multiple massive dogs on the property and a guard at the front gate. For me it's just an extra precaution. Nevertheless - I'd highly recommend Casa de Playa for whomever is in Mancora! Thanks to Tati and her staff for everything!

Room tip: I stayed in Room 18 - it overlooked both pool and ocean. No wi-fi problems at all :)
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank KCarag
tatidelcarpio, General Manager at Casa De Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Reviewed 23 November 2015

I have stayed in many hotels, but Casa de Playa surpasses all, the room was spotless, and every detail in the room was put just thinking in all the needs of the guest.. and the food was amazing! Great service too!

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
tatidelcarpio, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Casa De Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2016