“Very very good food”

Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Delicious food, very well cooked. A bit on the expensive side as most restauarants in Mancora are cheaper. But very good food

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1 204)

19 - 23 of 1 205 reviews

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

The food was amazing, beautifully decor and staff excellent.

Only minor issue was that it was all served so quickly that we didn’t get a chance to properly enjoy it.

For dinner, it took less than 45 minutes to arrive, get menus, order and eat entrees and mains, finish our meals and be presented with the bill. We felt under pressure to move on, so it didn’t not feel like a night out.

Nonetheless, would definitely recommend as the food is outstanding.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

I’ve visited La Sirena twice this trip. My first visit I had the tuna curry, which was quite delicious, but was too small for the 45 soles I paid, and left me hungry for another meal after I left.

My second visit was less exciting. The sweet potato ravioli with bacon entree I ordered was much too small, and left me hungry, and with a stomach ache.

Upon paying my tab and preparing to exit, a gentleman at the table next to me, who I believe is the owner or manager asked me how was my meal.
I replied to him politely, “unfortunately it was not as exciting for me as last time.”

He replied something along the lines of ‘you must eat much better in your country’.

I won’t be returning after this experience.

Date of visit: September 2018
juanchichef, Propietario at La Sirena d'Juan, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Thank you for your valuable comment.
First of all the person who asked you about the food he was not the owner or the manager, he was a customer.
our dishes are not big but neither small and about Our ravioli portion we always serve 12 ravioli per portion which is enough.
Apparently your annoyance was because some customer you thought was the owner or manager who responded to you in that bad way.
we apologies for your bad experience.
Juan Seminario.
chef Owner.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

We had a great meal here, following the waiters recommendations, both with the meals and the wine. Three courses. Best octopus I’ve ever had, really god clam ceviche and fantastic grilled tuna! We’ll be back!

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

I couldn’t recommend this lovely place enough. We were blown away by the food, everything was beautifully cooked and tasted amazing. The best meal we’ve had by far since travelling!! All the staff were so attentive and friendly but a special thanks goes to Emmanuel who gave us some great recommendations and was super lovely all night. It was so good that we went back the next day for lunch, which was a great deal! You can’t miss this if you are in Mancora!!!