“This place is over the top!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Condo On Upper Right Corner - View From Beach Entrance To Bello Mar
More Local Color
From Sunrise..............
Dusk
........to Sunset.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Sue M
Ringgold, Georgia
“This place is over the top!!”
Reviewed 18 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

Bella mar is a beautiful, peaceful place. I loved the rooftop terrace overlooking the ocean. There is nothing quite so relaxing as the sound of waves crashing onto the shore. Although my family preferred the air conditioning, whenever I got a chance, I was turning off the air and opening up the windows. The condo is very private. Although we have 3 teen boys (good wi-fi connection), I kept thinking how perfect the private beach would be for those with toddlers. It is shallow for at least 20'. Don't get me wrong; our boys loved the beach too. Also, the terrace would be perfect for letting little ones run free, as the walls are pretty high. I loved swaying in the hammock to the sounds of the waves, occasional birds, dogs or roosters.I was amazed at how well stocked the condo was. Every time I needed something, whether sunburn spray, Advil, itch crime, sunblock, cooler, beach chairs, etc, I could always find it . I think the only things we had to buy were air freshener for the bathrooms and matches for the candle. There are even tools there. GinI & Burlin were uber responsive. They called us at 6 am their time (9 am ours) to walk us through a hot water problem that we had notified them of the night before. As it turns out, we were turning the faucet the wrong direction lol. As far as Luquillo, it's a lovely town and perfect home base for all sorts of wonderful adventures. This vacation replaced a trip to Disney World. Our boys had so much more fun and adventure than they would have at the big rat. We swam in the tropical rain forest, saw a bioluminescent bay, the largest and most sensitive radio telescope in the world, the fort at old San Juan, went zip lining, hang gliding , and shopping and sampled wonderful food and the boys took surfing lessons. We have enough memories for a lifetime. You won't regret going. I've already told my future daughter-in-law that it would make an ideal honeymoon location.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The sound of the waves
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
19 Jun 2015
So delighted your family created so many amazing memories and pleased we could provide the launching pad for such a fantastic, activity filled vacation! Can't wait to welcome you back!
Outnabout...
Taos, New Mexico
“Beautiful, location, beach beach beach”
Reviewed 7 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

Our family of 4 stayed here at the end of May. The condo is everything you see in the pictures and more. It is clean, well furnished and beautiful. We enjoyed hanging out on the rooftop terrace in the evenings. The beach is right outside the condo complex, and you can walk for miles. The owners were excellent to work with, very responsive and kind. we hope to return!

19 Jun 2015
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
KristieBr...
Chicago, Illinois
“Great location!!!”
Reviewed 4 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

My husband and I and my friend and her husband stayed here May 13-21. What an amazing time we had. The location is perfect. It was easy to get to. Just a short drive to old San Juan, El Yunque national forest, the ferries in Fajardo to go to the islands. The water was high so there oftentimes wasn't much beach right in front of the condo but there were great beaches just a short drive to the east and walk a block west of the condo and cut through a basketball court and you have my favorite beach, great for swimming in the waves and collecting shells . The condo itself was great. Very comfortable and the rooftop terrace was amazing. Nothing beat that morning cup of coffee sitting on the terrace listening to the waves. Beware of the banana thief though. We discovered that a bird was flying in after we opened the windows in the morning and eating our bananas. Only negative thing I can say is it would have been nice if there was gas for the grill. We were gonna grill one night but found that the grill had no gas and my husband didn't want to go get a tank for one nights grilling. And the only 1 set of keys and gate opener can be a little tricky if your staying with another couple but if you use your cellphones to communicate with each other it's manageable. All in all though we loved it!!! Would definitely love to stay here again. Was the first vacation I wasn't ready to go home from. So much more to do there.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
19 Jun 2015
Your banana thief story is comical! Glad you enjoyed your stay and I am sorry the gas ran out for the grill. I understand our neighbor replaced the tank for you the next day. One just never knows when those tanks will go empty. All depends on how much the previous guests use the grill. Promise it will be full on your next trip to our home! Thank you for your business.
Dave S
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Very comfortable and great views.”
Reviewed 25 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

We really enjoyed our stay at your condo and treated your home as our own. The view of Luquillo beach right outside the condo and from the rooftop was spectacular. We spent many hours on the rooftop and appreciated the ocean breeze and overhead portion to get in the shade when needing a break from the sun. My wife and I shared this condo with our friends Dick and Pat. It was very comfortable for 4 with the 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. This was a great location for day trips to San Juan, sights and nearby restaurants.
For renters like us living there for a month, one suggestion for you might be to add a toaster oven. Other than that, we had everything we needed. Really felt comfortable and hope to return in future years.
We did have one episode with bug bites when gnats or tiny mosquitos got us one time on the rooftop on one unusual breezeless evening, but should have taken your prewarning that they could show up. Did have to close BdRm windows and turn on ac for white noise due to barking neighborhood dogs.
The return of our deposit was very fast. The one thing missed were our grandkids, so getting back to see them made it nice to get home again.

Liked best: Rooftop Terrace
Liked least: High tide hiding rocks on the beach.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway
27 Apr 2015
So happy to have you stay for so long! We took your comment to heart and now have a toaster oven available! So, when you come back you will have all the comforts of home! Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you for your business! Gini & Burlin
Samescrip...
“Nice ocean view.”
Reviewed 26 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015

First the positives; the hosts are very friendly and respond quickly to questions, the view is spectacular and if you are staying with a large group this could work out nicely for you as a less expensive option than a few hotel rooms. It is close to Luquillo beach and the kiosks which we loved. It is also close to Fajardo which has a lot of activities. The entrance to the rainforest is near as well.
The negatives are we were there in the winter and there was no beach out front. The first night I was there I opened the silverware drawer and there were two cockroaches crawling in there which was absolutely disgusting. I saw them three more times in drawers during my stay. This was stressful. Secondly, even though you pay a cleaning fee you are expected to strip the beds before you go and there are strict instructions to not leave one single dirty dish or you will be charged extra cleaning fees. Third, simple toiletries such as shampoo and soap are not provided and would have been much appreciated.
Overall I have to say I did like the place despite the issues stated above but if I was to go back I'd definitely choose to stay in one of the hotels in the area such as the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
27 Feb 2015
Dear L. Please accept our apologies about finding cockroaches in our condo. In the four years we have had this property, we have never had a cockroach issue. We spray regularly so I was very surprised to learn you had seen several of the little critters. I have addressed this with my housekeeping team and they will ensure they spray more thoroughly in the future. As for the other issues you viewed as negative, the contract does ask you strip your bed(s) before you leave. This helps our housekeeper to know which beds have been used. We are not a hotel and I don't believe this an unusual or excessive request. The contract also does say if you leave any dirty dishes there will be a fee assessed. We expect the condo to be left in as good a condition as you found it so we do request you clean your dirty dishes so additional time is not spent by housekeeping to wash them. Again, not an unusual request. Every time we have rented homes we have been expected to do the same. Shampoos and conditioners are left behind all the time. Apparently they had run out. These are items we do not supply and there is no note indicating on the website that we do. We do supply laundry detergent, toilet paper, paper towels, BBQ grill cleaner, and other cleaners which often times are not supplied. All items supplied are indicated on the website but shampoo and conditioner are not checked off. With the exception of the cockroaches these seem to be fairly minor negatives that I do not feel warrant a 3 out of 5 rating - our first in 3 years of renting. The rest of our twenty-five 5/5 and two 4/5 ratings accurately reflect that we take pride in the cleanliness of our home and stand by the rules and statements of our rental contracts which guests receive and sign well in advance of their stay. As for the lack of beach, well, there is not much I can do about the tides. However, I do inform guests in the welcome information they receive, along with their contract, that it is always a possibility there may be no beach due to mother nature. I hope you discovered Luquillo beach a short distance from the condo or another nearby beach that was to your liking. Thank you for your business.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$140
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing