“loved the sound of the ocean from the living area.”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Bliss By The Sea, Treasure Beach, Jamaica
bliss by the sea treasure beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Dulcia
Jamaica
“loved the sound of the ocean from the living area.”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

I have just returned from 3 days with my daughter and other friends from Bliss by the Sea.
The house itself is very accommodating. Jennifer and her assistant are good cooks
but on our last night I had to tell them not to make noise washing pans while we were eating.
I know Jennifer did not like me speaking my mind but surely we should be allowed to eat our meal and talk to one another with the constant clang clang from the kitchen. I had waited until the last night to tackle this problem. Anyway the following breakfast there was no washing noise so they got the message.

Jennifer was a good cook we enjoyed our meals and we certainly love this spot.
We swam on and off all day it was just heavenly.

There is a security for the house whom I met briefly but I never saw him again for the balance of the 3 days and I did not understand that either.

However, I would return to this very special place as there are few places like this in
Jamaica.

Dulcia
Kingston

Travelling group: Friends
sonjablue...
New Jersey
“You won't want to leave....ever!”
Reviewed 20 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

What an amazing location! The house is literally steps away from soft sand beach, and it was so peaceful to view the bluff in the distance and listen to the sound of the waves while floating in the pool. The reviews of Jennifer's food (she is the chef and manager) were true: it was amazingly delicious. I would recommend that you allow her to suggest a menu, as we did, of regional cuisine including fresh ripe fruit and even salt fish and ackee.
Jakey, her son, can take you hiking, or you can explore the beach and nearby coral breaks, which reveil tiny coves and tidal pools. It was very dry (they were having a five month drought), and often overcast which makes for comfortable, non-humid weather, and there is a constant breeze off the ocean (it finally did rain on one of our last days).
The house is comfortable and feels like a vacation home, though the bedrooms in the courtyard seem to be just for sleeping as they lack the view and breeze of the master bedroom. The pool is clean and not loaded with chlorine, so you will see birds and bats swoop in for a quick drink.
Lots of fun excursions which the guide, Tristan, will tell you about. We went to the falls, on a bike ride through town (not a typical strip of businesses, but scattered restaurants, groceries, and shops), and even a visit to an Accompong village high in the nearby mountains. You will probably need a cab to take you to places as walking would take quite a while, but arranging for a driver (who is prompt and very friendly) is simple. It helps to use your mobile on roaming or buy a SIM card, as they will pick you up to return when you call them. Not many options for working out, if you are so inclined, and the atmosphere is designed for relaxing. There is A/C if you want it in the bedrooms, but often it was fine without it.
Overall, an excellent and not too crazy expensive place to relax and enjoy the quiet side of Jamaica. Highly recommended and we hope to return soon!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location, pool, views, and food!
Liked least: Difficult to know what to ask for in terms of groceries until you get there.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
20 Jul 2013
Hello Hedy, We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Bliss By The Sea and the laziness of the South Coast and hope the rest of your time in JA was just as pleasant and comfortable. :) We look forward to hearing from you again. Kind regards, Nicole
IL
Reviewed 20 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Sue M
Negril
“It certainly was a quality place to relax but could have been better”
Reviewed 30 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Our family from 3 countries met there this month and we certainly enjoyed our time at Treasure Beach and all the amenities at 'Bliss'. Having our own access to the beach was great and the view from the villa was stunning. Local people on the beach were friendly, beach bar prices were great and we got some fantastic lobster deals. Loved the pool, the house, the rooms and all the quality facilities.

On the down side am not sure whether we had a misunderstanding somewhere but when we arrived there were 3 staff to meet us who we never saw again, even when we were leaving. As I family we do like to cook but we expected the 3 staff which were included would be around to help and assist, particularly when we had a major, long electrical outage one night. No clean towels, no emergency lights, only 3 used candles & nowhere to put 3 days garbage was also not good. The agent came and collected our rent on the 2nd morning, promised to come back & we never saw her again. We did not find anyone again the day we were leaving so cleaned up and left the place hoping it would be ok.

I would go back there again as it was superb in so many ways, but would definitely need to define what the 3 staff included in the price were supposed to do for us next time. I could have done with 2 days R & R which was not possible for me as 'mom' in this family villa situation. The advertised internet also needs attention as it was impossibly slow.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The villa setting
Liked least: The slow internet, nowhere to put garbage, no dry towels
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
30 Apr 2013
Hello Susan,

We did not organize this property for you to rent, you actually contacted us to rent Driftwood. I am sorry to hear about your experience, this does not sound typical of Bliss's staff at all. I contacted the owner to see what happened and she told me that " You were very clear that you didn't want any of the staff around. You also said that you would handle cooking, cleaning, etc." Whenever you weren't at the villa, you locked the place up tight...you took the keys with you, so the staff could not get in to check in on the place. This was a two (2) night last minute rental...we do not normally let guests cook or clean for themselves, so the owner was bending her rules for you....which didn't work out to well.

As far as the internet goes, Great Bay Beach does not have the strongest service, it is Intermittent and that has nothing to do with the villas in that area, it has to do with the location and Jamaica. In Fort Charles, opposite side of Treasure Beach properties are Still Waiting for some type of internet service.

Again I am sorry about your experience, this is most unusual.
Jamaica
Reviewed 10 March 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
How to book this rental
Submit an enquiry to the owner using the above make enquiry button
The owner will respond with a quote.  We encourage owners to respond within 24 hours
You will be able to send additional messages and pay for the quote through the TripAdvisor Rental Inbox
Payments made through the TripAdvisor Rental inbox are covered by Payment Protection
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing