Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa
Treasure Beach Hotel(Treasure Beach)
US$133
US$134
Sunset Heal Jamaica(Petersfield)
US$61
  • Room Service
Sunset Resort & Villas(Treasure Beach)
TripAdvisor
Marblue Villa Suites(Treasure Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Taino Cove(Treasure Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsjack spratabalonecocklespelican barpizzathe salt water poolys fallslaid backoutdoor showeryoga retreatseafoodoctopushope housefarm to tableblack rivercaptain josephhour drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have wanted to visit Jakes for years. I had relatively high expectations that were set by great photos online, reviews, the prices and press. I thought it'd be my kinda place - relaxed, private, easy, friendly with just enough luxury.

The room was beautifully decorated, with amazing views out across the bay, and the service generally very friendly. But almost everything else didn't live up to expectations.

We ate dinner in the restaurant once and breakfast twice. It was the worst and most expensive food I ate the whole time I was in Jamaica - overcooked steak, watery frozen shrimp, rubbery eggs with no seasoning.

The area is very undeveloped - that's great during the day when there are a few relaxed restaurants on the beach with better food than the hotel... but in the evening there is almost nothing to do.

There just isnt much of a communal atmosphere in the hotel in the evening - the bar just didn't feel like a great place to hang out and have a few drinks.

Nothing is included - not even breakfast, the massages are expensive and the yoga they offer is more expensive than in London at $20 per person...

I guess I had really high hopes... i think there are much nicer places to stay elsewhere in Jamaica

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Olivia S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well, we picked a gem of a weekend to not only visit Jakes, but visit Jamaica for the first time. We travel often - and have stayed at villas and resorts around Mexico, Aruba and other parts of the Caribbean. Jakes - by far - our favorite. I'm not sure why entirely, but, I left the 5 days fully recharged and planning my return trip.

I planned Jakes as a 40th birthday surprise for my wife. We have 4 children at home. We went with 2 other friends and rented one of their cottages, the Seaweed. Wow. Not only were the accommodations perfect, the staff was amazing.

Sonja was our master chef. Super friendly. Excellent chef and very accommodating to my dietary needs (lactose intolerant) at every meal. Carlie, her "helper" and staff was super sweet and a did a great job. Daniel runs the grounds and was always wonderfully friendly and accommodating getting us whatever we needed. Lastly, on the Seaweed property. was Oneil - our security. He was great. Checked in every night to let us know he'd be around if needed anything and there watching out for us and the property. The thing is,even if he wasn't there, we would have felt incredibly safe.

So the weekend we were there was Jake's 25th anniversary. Bonfires on the beach. THE BEACH was great - super rough when we were there and windy, but so much of a private beach we barely saw anybody. I woke up for sunrise walks on the beach every day. There is a dog that lives by Seaweed, her name is Sheila. She may have been the sweetest dog i've ever met (we are dog people and if not, don't worry about her, she'll leave you alone). But the beach had a roped off area and was so fun. The next night Jake's had a small party (big party?) at their main resort - waves were crashing high that night, but the live music and festivities were a ton of fun.

We did a boat ride with Captain Dennis (a must!) saw dolphins on the coast, boated our way to Pelican Bar and then for a private lunch on a remote beach. Food was great - staff even better.

We loved every minute of our trip to Jakes.

I happened to run into Jason, the owner, the night before their first celebratory beach party. What a friendly and welcoming gentleman. I look forward to seeing him again on our next trip. Yes, next trip. We'd love to try another cottage or villa, but not sure we want to go without Sonja!

The staff as Jakes were very friendly.

Loved all the people i met at Treasure Beach. I went bike riding every morning. I ride at home and the bikes the resort provides for you were excellent. I'd love to see some recommended bike route maps, but i met some very interesting people in my miles of rides.

If you like the beach, need to disconnect, want to travel to the caribbean but not to an "all inclusive" or touristy packed place and want something authentic bohemian and fun - Jake's is the place. The car ride there was fun to see other parts of Jamaica. Next time there maybe the small airport will be ready.

Can't wait to go back with the entire family - 4 kids and other friends in tow. We'd love this place to be our little secret...but more we want to share it with everyone we know.

In summary - Jake's is easily one of our favorite vacations ever - this includes traveling around Europe, traveling around the US, Hawaii, the Caribbean, Mexico and more.... Staff, food, entire experience was perfect...

Room Tip: Seaweed is AMAZING...every part of it.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eric A
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

If you want a quite relaxing resort this your place. Jakes is in an area that hasn't been overdeveloped. The hotels layout spreads the rooms apart for good privacy. The common area has a restaurant, pool and bar that is a great location to hangout. No real beach but there is good access to the water. Good snorkeling at the resort. If you want a proper beach it is a couple of minutes walk. It warms my heart that the hotel employs deaf people. Say hi to Christopher at the bar.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank mypeople
Reviewed 11 March 2018

I visited Jake's 11 years ago as a guest at a wedding there. I have been dreaming of getting married there ever since! My dream finally came true 2 weeks ago! Jake's is unique, it's special, it's different. Every room, bungalow, cottage, and villa are different. There is nothing "cookie-cutter" or "generic" about the entire place! Everything from the glass bottles placed in the cement so they glow when the sun comes up, to the outdoor showers, to the constant sound of the ocean, give a special feeling.
My husband and I stayed for a week, our guests stayed for 4 nights. Everything exceeded my expectations! Margaret Ebanks was our event coordinator and I never worried about a single thing from the moment we arrived! She did such an amazing job of keeping me informed, and taking care of the details! I didn't have a lot of specific things I had to have, decoration wise. I just sent her a few Pinterest pics of things I liked for the wedding arches and the dinner table. When I saw the arches on my wedding day, they were IDENTICAL to what I had sent! I was so happy! We had 25 guests and we all sat at one big long table for dinner. Our table setting was gorgeous with so many special touches that I loved. The bar they set up was insane! I thought it would be some fold-out table with a tablecloth over it. No! It was an amazing spray paint art bar with light up letters on top that said "ONE LOVE"! Our bartender Christopher was top notch and came up with my signature cocktail, the Starlight Surprise! Our DJ (DJ Hot Cash) had every single person dancing! I can't even tell you how much fun we had! It was truly a dream come true! Go to Jake's, get married at Jake's, do vow renewals at Jake's. I don't care why you go, just do it!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank melastar8
Reviewed 6 March 2018

I am not sure where to start......the villa itself is stunning, but also has a very warm and welcoming feeling.......but even more impressive was the staff. From the moment we arrived, we felt like family. Daniel and Shawn worked very hard to make sure we had what we needed throughout the day, and they always had a smile on their faces. From taking me fishing to showing us how to get fresh almonds, they couldn't have been nicer!! I learned how to play domino's with the staff which was a lot of fun. Merville was there every evening and through the night to make sure the grounds were safe and that everything was closed up when we went to bed. He always had time to talk and share a story with you. The meals were amazing and Tasha is a fantastic chef. Every meal was better than the last. The housekeeping staff always made sure the rooms were clean and neat and did it at a time when we were not in our room. The bond we formed with the staff of Seaweed in just a weeks time was so strong that we shed a tear when we had to say good-bye. We truly hope to be back one day and reunite with our new Jamaican family.

Room Tip: Every room has a view of the ocean
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family