Jacoway Inn(Calibishie)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$95
US$184
US$167
Sunrise Farm Cottages(Castle Bruce)
US$100
Orbitz.com
US$148
US$118
US$81
US$77
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$143
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 March 2016

If you want an authentic taste of Dominica life, this is the place to be, Calibishie Mainroad Suites. Been a solo traveller I was very concerned about safety and the opportunity to explore the amazing Dominica island. Young Nixon , the last son of the owner run this place and he is highly professional guy who before my trip reassured me about my worries.
The cottage is fully and nicely equipped, very clean just located at the back of the house of the owner so I felt super safe. The bed us super comfortable and I had the best sleep ever as this place is super quiet at night .The studio has good wi fi connections and it is located very close to restaurants , main local attractions and supermarket and one cash point.Eveything is very close nearby. I would recommend to request a special breakfast at an additional fee prepared by the lovely Shelley , Young's mum , it is delicious.
I felt really lucky as the family really looked after me and treat me like part of them as well as respecting my privacy. Calibishie is a nice very clean little town with everything you need nearby.There is lot of interesting spots to see like Pointe Baptiste, the Napier chocolate estate ( homemade chocolate), the Batibou beach( A MUST) The Zion garden from Danny so fascinating . I also was blessed as I manage to rent a car although I do not drive thanks to Young who drove me around the most amazing places in Dominica. I had such an amazing and adventurous experience and I would have never seen most places if i went on my own as he knows lot of people so he can recommend and guide you through the best spots nearby and around the island.He can also pick you up and drop you to the airport for a small fee as it is cheaper than what you would paid on arrival at the airport.
I will also recommend to use Young as your Tour Cicerone as he charges a much modest fee compared to the other tour guides of the islands which I contacted prior to my trip
Thank you Young Family for the most memorable holiday.I was truly sad to leave

LOVE YOU

Michela

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2016

We only stayed one night in the studio apartment (which is a small separate cottage) on our way back to the airport. In hindsight, we should probably have stayed at least another night in Calibishie since it seemed to be a very nice place.

The accommodation is handled by Nixon, who I presume lives together with his parents in the main house. Both he, his parents and grandfather (?) were very nice and friendly and really wanted us to have a great time. We got lots of tips of things to see and do in the area.

The studio itself is a small cottage in the backyard. It has it's own bathroom with a shower and toilet as well as a small kitchen. Everything was clean, in good condition and the kitchen had plenty of utensils.

The location is right in the middle of the village, two blocks from the local grocery store and ATM.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2015

Comfortable clean spacious rooms right in the heart of the action in Calibishie. The proprietor Young Nixon was helpful in every possible way assisting me with directions and introductions to local persons.
My trip was actually centered around kicking off construction on a piece of property I have purchased on the Middle Ridge above Calibishie. So if there is any proof I can provide that this is a truly special place it is that I am uprooting and moving to the amazing island of Dominica.
At Mainroad Suites you will be close to the best restaurants in Calibishie, two grocery stores, a few minutes drive to the awesome North end beaches, and 20 minutes from the Marigot airport. Perfect!

Room Tip: One room has an en suite bathroom. The other two have a shared bath in the hall. email ahead and ask about availability.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2015

We stayed 4 nights at this charming friendly place and began to feel part of the village. We could sit on our balcony and watch people about their daily lives, this is no resort destination , it§s real. The veggie delivery man brings bananas, the fish van will bring fresh catches and the car hire lady may find you ripe tomatoes. Plus good beaches nearby and a choice of super eating places that give you a lift home if it rains.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HullViewer
Reviewed 17 April 2015

I recently spent 3 nights in the Mainroad Suites, at the eastern edge of Calibishie on the north coast of Dominica. The guesthouse is run by the Nixon family who live on the ground floor and they made me feel very welcome during my stay. They have 3 guest rooms on the first floor, the largest of which has an en suite bathroom, and there is also a small self-contained cottage at the back of the property. The rooms are very tidy and kept to a good standard with local artwork adorning the walls. A kitchen is available for all guests to share and if you find yourself stuck indoors there is also a shared living room. The thing I enjoyed most staying here was the feeling of being part of the local community with friends of the household popping in and out and happily sharing the local fruits with me. The Nixon family have a very relaxed attitude which allows you to join them on the patio for a chat or you can be left to your own devices and explore the town and its environment at your own leisure. If you do want to explore further afield Young Nixon offers a variety of local tours and as a local is well placed to show you the choicest spots Calibishie has to offer. The family also run a second property, The Mangrove Inn, which is just two minutes’ walk away. Again this is a very well maintained guesthouse with 6 rooms and is set in a traditional Caribbean yard with coconut, banana and other fruit trees. The town is 10 minutes’ walk from East to West with two well stocked supermarkets and a handful of great restaurants, all on the beachside so you can watch the twinkling lights of Guadeloupe while you dine. There is also a very useful tourist office in the town with two computer terminals for those internet diehards. This is a great place to relax and if you are feeling more energetic there are some great hikes up in the hills directly off the main road with spectacular views overlooking Calibishie. Nixon’s is the perfect place to stay if you really want the authentic Dominican experience, a warm smile, a friendly welcome and a chilled, laid back attitude.

Room Tip: Large room at the back has en suite bathroom
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo