All reviews bedroom cottage the cottages hodges beach mango fresh fruit sheltered bay ocean side wonderful days her husband beautiful island the property manager stunning views view from the balcony emerald pool jim beaches dominica
Reviewed 7 March 2018

Sea Cliff Cottages is a very comfortable and relaxing place to stay on the great island of Dominica. I have been coming to Dominica on and off for 25 years and this is my favorite place to stay. The cottages have everything you need as they come with fully equipped kitchens, mosquito nets, plenty of comfortable furniture, etc. To get your basic groceries it is only a short walk to the peaceful village of Caiibishie where its easy to get to know your neighbors. Or, if you don't want to walk, the public buses (minivans) run frequently down the main road which is a very short walk. They stop wherever you are!

From your cottage you can sit on the porch and see spectacular coastline and enjoy the ample Caribbean breezes. Even after the hurricane, Sea Cliff bounced back quickly as they produce their own power from numerous solar panels and hot water from a solar hot water system on each cottage.

From the cottage you can also walk to two of the most spectacular beaches around. And, when the water isn't rough you can do some awesome snorkeling. I like this area of Dominica for its laid back peaceful vibe and its easy to get to other parts of the island to do vigorous hikes and explore amazing mountains. Dominica should be on everyone's bucket list.

And lastly, the owners Gwen and Jim are the best hoteliers. Anything you need they will help you with and even check in to see how everything is going. No detail is spared. They even remember what you set out to do for the day and ask how it went. A real dedication to their guests who book again and again. No wonder!

Room Tip: Ask about the amenities of each cottage to see what is best for you
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Charles K, Owner at Sea Cliff Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Thanks for the review
We do appreciate the time and effort people take to write
We try our best to make our guests comfortable and being lucky enough to have such a wonderful area to be located in and having good people working with us makes things much easier !

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Went there several years ago, really hope all is still ok after the recent hurricanes. The amazing location, the view, the peace and quiet, the fruit in the garden, the friendly staff, the sweet town of Calibishie, the path down to the deserted beach at the foot of the cliff. Hope to come back here once and relive those great memories. The house is basic, no luxury, but has everything you need. If that's your thing... don't doubt for one second... GO here!

Hope the staff can inform us how the cottages and Calibishie survived the hurricanes.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 20 June 2017

I recently had chance to stay here for a week, and wish it could have been longer. I rented the one bedroom cottage right on the ocean side. The view from the balcony was fantastic. The cottage is well stocked with everything you will need if you are an independent traveler. The bed is comfortable, with mosquito netting if needed. I did not need it as the weather was extremely breezy during the week I stayed which probably kept the mosquitoes down. Plenty of towels, and hot water. Comfortable furniture. Television with more channels than I needed. Wifi was surprisingly good. Kitchen is well stocked with everything you need to cook. Open the double balcony doors, and you will not need A/C. Very breezy. The balcony is very spacious and covered, so you can sit outside and just take in the view, even if it rains. The grounds are maintained very well, and each cottage has plenty of area to just wander around and take in all the beautiful plants, trees, and foliage that has been cultivated with great detail. Gweneth the property manager is a sweetheart. She will stop by to see that everything you need is taken care of, just ask. She arranged transportation, tour guides and a massage on the balcony for me from trusted providers that she knew well. Fresh fruit is abundant on the property. I ate fresh mangoes and limes every day. The trail to Hodges Beach is right next door, and you can walk to Poz's restaurant in 5 minutes. the walk into the village is a nice downhill stroll, 15 minutes. You can easily hitch a ride back up hill on a bus for next to nothing. This is my second trip to Dominica, and Calibishie, and I wish I would have stayed here the first time.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Jim K, Owner at Sea Cliff Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thanks so much for your review and we are very happy that you enjoyed yourself. Dominica really is quite a special place.
We are very fortunate in having the staff members that we do at Sea Cliff. Most of
the staff have worked together for many years and really have made Sea Cliff what it is !
Glad the mangoes were in season for you. Always nice to have them fresh off the tree !
All the best,
Jim

Reviewed 25 May 2017

I was recommended Sea View by a friend who lives on Island. Was so glad I chose to stay here, it is just a perfect spot, close to the airport, really easy to find, and great little appartments, so reasonably priced. The location is great, easy to walk down to beautiful local beaches, good stores in the village nearby. Gwen and her husband are legends! Felt so welcome, so looked after, they are such good people...was so glad I found them and this part of the Island. I actually booked to stay somewhere else on the island for the second part of the trip, but got back in touch with Gwen to see if I could come back as I preferred it at Sea View, it just has a very peaceful vibe, and that is what I wanted to tap into. Beautiful and charming!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 April 2017

Great location with stunning views, with a beautiful garden, the hosts were very caring and friendly, gave us a lot of very useful tips for hiking;
had wonderful days here, we can definitely recommend this place

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple